• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WBL Metro Get Together Jan. 15th

SmellyJelly

Smelly, I'd be game to try the south side next week, especially if you're going to try the night bite. Drop me a line if y'all are headed out.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmellyJelly

• John Mickish

• spasticcp

• goin fishin

I couldn't make the last event with you guys because I had to work. I would be interested in one next week tho. What were you thinking? I could make it on the weekend or an evening during the week.

I would also be down for the nite bite. I'd be able to be out there as early as 3:30 on either Tuesday or Friday.

I'm heading out Saturday, going to try a spot that Matt thought would be worth hitting. I'll let you know how that works out.

Hey SmellyJelly,

I was hoping to hit it a few times next week. I'm planning on cutting out of work early, if possible, to get out there for the night bite. I'll give you a call and let you know for sure when I'll be out there. Otherwise next weekend is wide open.

Looks like I wont be able to make it out this week to WBL. It took me a couple of days to reccover from my Mille Lacs outing this past weekend...if you know what I mean! I am leaving for Las Vegas on Friday to play some slots and run a half marathon (13.2 miles). I will check back next week and see if anybody is up for the night bite on WBL.

Peace,

SmwllyJelly

Hey Smelly,

How did you guys end up doing on ML? We had to cancel our trip because half the guys that were suppose to go up couldn't make the drive due to the storm. Good luck in Vegas. What a wickedly good city. Hey, I was wondering if you ever got around to making a couple of those things that attach to my otter sled for deadsticking. wink.gif I'd be interested in one if you have an extra.

Thanks!

YHD

I'm hoping to get out to White Bear tomorrow. Gonna hit a new spot and see if I can't find a couple eyes. Have fun in Vegas. Post up when your ready to hit WB again.

Hey goin fishin, are you still planning on attending the Minnetonka event? I'm heading out to Spring Park Bay for a little pre-fish on Sunday. ....Interested?

metrojoe- Let's shoot for mid week(feb 2nd) to hit WBL. That way I have a day or two to chill from my trip to Vegas.

YHD- I have to finish machining the(pegs) that the rod rests on. I will have them done by the end of next week.. you have first dibs on one. We drove up to Mille Lacs during the storm (thank god for 4 whhel drive) and fished 3 mile flat fri. nite. We caught nothing. Sat.the roads weren't plowed out on the ice but we managed to drive out to 6 mile flat and picked up some nice walleyes and jumbo perch. Sunday we fished in the morning and watched football in the bar. Monday was a rough one at work to say the least!

mnfishinguy- You been doing any fishin?

goinfishin- Where have you been? You still snowed in Wisconsin?

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Thanks Smelly!!!

I can't wait to try it out. Are you going to the Minnetonka event? I think I might be in for sure now. Have a great time in Vegas and talk to you when you get back.

I think goin fishin has been workin but he seems to have some difficulty returnin calls. Wazz up GF? Are you coming over tomorrow?

YHD

Ya Hey Der,

You interested in a little pre-fish on Spring Park Bay Sunday? I've already got plans to meet Holehopper out there. Niether of us are familiar with this area of Minnetonka. See if you can drag goin fishin out with ya.

Hey metrojoe!

Thanks for the offer. It sounds like a good idea but considering that I am fishing on Mille Lacs Fri - Sat and my wife is leaving for a week on Monday, she may not be too happy if I went out on Sunday. I'll run it by her. Wish me luck! crazy.gif

YHD

I was out Monday night and tried the hump by the island. Nothing, not even a perch. I'd like to get over by east side sometime soon, or maybe by Bellaire park. Probably Sunday I'll go out. Might just head up the road to Bald Eagle and try that.

Yeah, I finally crawled out of my hole this week. MNfisinguy, I won't be able to make it this weekend because of work. I work from 7am-730pm which rules me out for Sunday. I am preregistered for the event, so I am definitely going out to it. We should try to fish it sometime before the event if you are game, I think Ya Hey Der would be game for that.

Smelly Jelly, glad to hear of your success on the 2nd day in Mille Lacs. I will try and call you tonight.

Chow for now,

GF

Heck yes I can prefish it. I can never turn down an offer like that! I can make it pretty much anytime. Working in Shakopee I can be there by 4:00 easy. Let me know what works for you.

Boy, the perch are unbelievable during the day light hours, one after the other. Wish there were some size to 'em though. I did manage to pull in three small eye's on a jig and a fathead.

If anyone is interested in heading out there next week post up. The bite time seems to be from 4 to 6.

mnfishinguy,

I'm planning to prefish Minnetonka on Sunday with Holehopper. Not sure what the plan is yet, but I'm going to give him a call in the morning. Your welcome to join us.

Sorry Metrojoe that I left you out in my last post, but if you have some free time next week, maybe you can meet up w/mnfishinguy and myself during the week. Ya hey der should be able to make it as well. Maybe we could actually place in the contest, just do the exact opposite of how I fish and we should come out on top smile.gif

I can fish everyday, but Monday and Thursday next week.

Chow for now,

GF

We changed our plan last night. We're both going to bring the families and head over to Medicine for some panfish action.

No problem goin, I'd still like to do a little pre-fish. I may be able to get a day off next week. As it looks, Tuesday would be good for me.

Goin and Metro, Tuesday would work well for me to prefish that a bit. What time/place do you guys plan on meeting? I was planning to head up to Bald Eagle today but I think the wife has other plans. frown.gif

Tuesday sounds like a plan for me as well. No worries Mnfishinguy, I will pre-plot some spots on my lakemaster software and download the waypoints to my GPS. We should be able to get in on some action. Plus, I plan on heading out for the morning bite as well. Now what type of fishing do we want to try for: limits for the tournament are 3 eyes,1 pike, 3 bass, 7 crappie, 10 perch, 10 sunfish, 1 eelpout, 1 lake trout, and 1 whitefish. I figure we fish for northern from 8-10. and go for panfish afterward. What are everyone's preferences for this? I will pre-fish this friday as well.

Chow for now,

GF

Dan, I like the idea of pike then panfish. What time are you going to be out on Tuesday? I should be able to make it there by 4 or maybe I'll skate out of work a bit early.

Are the last 4 of your cell phone 1939? If so then I still have your number.

Mnfishinguy,

that is correct on my cell phone. You can leave me your number at [email protected] if you would like to. I can be out there as early as you want on Tuesday. Will definitely fish it in the morning to figure out the later morning bite. Good to hear from ya.

Metrojoe- give me a hollar at [email protected] if you can make it out for tuesday at whatever time. If you have the whole day off, then great otherwise let me know what you plans are. My phone is Cell -1939. I will erase this by tomorrow in the afternoon.

Chow for now,

GF

Goinfishin, my roomie and I are planning to fish on Tuesday also. We were thinking about Coon, but if you guys are hitting 'Tonka, I could easily convince him to fish there instead. He's all about pikin'. We've never ice fished 'Tonka before but spend some time there in open water. I'll call you later today, or you can call me if you still have my number. I'm off work all day today(happy birthday to me!) and tomorrow.

Goin fishin, I'll give you a call tomorrow to see where you are on the lake. I plan on going onto the ice at springs bay, and getting there around 3:45. Call me at 763-242-9071 if your plans change. If not see you and Metrojoe on the ice.

YHD- What is the next FM event you are going to be at? I have the rod holders almost done!

I am back to work from my Vegas trip. My eyes are bleeding.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Hey Smelly!

How was Vegas????? Glad you made it back. So it sounds like you got alot of sleep out there. wink.gif

I signed up for the Minnetonka event. I'll be there along with Dan. He is pretty pumped up to win this event. Are you going to be there? Thanks for offering me this holder. I can't wait to use it. I bought a nice cushioned bench seat for my otter this past weekend so next time you fish in my house, it will be nice and comfortable.

Thanks again and talk to you soon!

YHD

YHD- I don't think I am going to make it to the Tonka event on Saturday. I have a friend who lives in Chanhassen and we might hit the ice fishing tourny on Lake Ann. I may change my mind and hit Tonka with you all.

Vegas was a blast. I am a little sleep deprived at the moment though. I did however, manage to return with enough money in my wallet to purcahse a dozen fat heads for the week.

If I don't see you at Tonka, I will give Dan the rod holder to give you.

Peace,

SmellyJelly