• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WBL Metro Get Together Jan. 15th

SmellyJelly

smellyjelly good call on the date u must have known the vikes would still be in huh ? never been to a get together so if i dont head to mille lacs i should try to get there to meet some of u guys anyway, since it looks like we live in the same town !! haven't fished white bear through the ice for years

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmellyJelly

• John Mickish

• spasticcp

• goin fishin

Quote:

smellyjelly good call on the date u must have known the vikes would still be in huh ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can not tell a lie...no! Who would of thunk it. gman2002 if you don't hit mille lacs stop on by the bear and fish the hard water with us. I have met a bunch of great guys the last get toghether I was at.

[email protected].

Goin Fishin, are you planning on hitting White Bear this week in the early AM? And I mean early. I'm working some weird hours this week and start at 10:30, so I was thinking of hitting it from about 6-8:30. Don't know if that's before your window of opportunity or not.

Goin Fishin, I can make it Wednesday around 4:30 in the afternoon. Let me know if you will still be there.

Has anyone seen the forcasted temps for this weekend? -20. Man, that'll make your monkey crawl inside it's house.

Spasticcp- I can't make it that early tomorrow since my 11lbs tank needs to be refilled (kind of sucks since you can't just swap them for another like a 20lb). However, I can fish wednesday at 6am if you are able. Let me know.

MNfishinguy- I will be out there on Wedn. around 4:30 for sure. Just give me a call on the cell phone# listed above.

Man, Mnfishinguy, if you are correct on those temps, I hope people come prepared. I know my sled is fully insulated. Actually took a temp reading tonight inside the portable while ice fishing- 82 degrees!

Hawksguy-be sure to send me an email w/your cell# and I will stop by to say Hi at least. Plan on trying to catch some eyes from 4-6pm so it maybe around 6pm when I stop in. But I will call you around 4:30 to talk. Email is [email protected] Talk to ya soon.

SmellyJelly- I have already talked to you tonight, so you know the deal.

Chow for now,

Goin Fishin

6am Wednesday sounds good to me. Ramsey Beach and then wherever from there? I'll be in a 2-door red Accord.

Is this get together still a go for Saturday? I've got plans for the afternoon but I thought I'd stop out and do a little meet and greet and if time permits a little fishing.

I'm hoping the weatherman is way off this time, because I won't go out if its negative shelter or no shelter heater or no heater its still not a good idea even to be outside for more then a few minutes no matter how warm you dress.

I remeber the Phalen event last year where it was 9 with a negative wind chill and that was bad enough.

Unless its over 5 count me out, even if I dig myself up a heater by then. I'll wait to see what happens on Sat, but my alternate plan is to go to the sportsman show instead.

Sorry guys frown.gif

It's still on. I will probably only be there till' noon or so, then to the sportsmans show. Should still be fun.

YES the event is still on for this Saturday the 15th!!! I have talked to several people from Fm today and here are some of the "for sures"...if you will.

SmellyJelly

goin fishin

ZaraSpook

mnfishinguy

Maximum12

Ya Hey Der= are you still bringing the grill?

metrojoe

eyeballs

Please post if you are still planning on going regardless. For those of you that don't have a portable and were interested in going to the event I may have a few options for you folks. There are going to be folks with a two person portable with only one person fishing in it. You can fish with them. I am also going to bring a two person portable and a three person(four if you want to snuggle)portable.

Does anybody want to meet for breakfest at 7:00am on Saturday?

mnfishinguy- what was the name of that establishment you mentioned for breakfest again.

That's all for now.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Smelly, I'd be up for a breakfast. Did this during a late ice FM gathering last year near Chisago & it was nice to chat with people before we were scattered about the lake.

Glad you posted that there'll be some extra spots ~ I, for one, have only my humble little one-man with no space for a heater, so I'll be among those begging to crawl into any warm place I can find. grin.gif

The name of the place is "Beartown". It's across from the hotel on 61 about three blocks south of the turn to get to Ramsey Beach. It's on the West side of the road. I'll do breakfast with you guys and I have an open spot in my shack if someone needs one.

Max12, we will find a place for you, especially w/your good luck. Sounds like a good plan to hit MNfishinguy's favorite breakfast place, he assured me that it has plenty of high chlorestoral to keep the heart hard at work for several hours. Don't eat to much, however, I plan on making a lot of brats.

Spasticcp- sent you an email. Hope you can make it.

SmellyJelly- Ya Hey Der is still bringing the grill. I, however did not fix the camera tonight while trying to dry it out. So I will send it in after this weekend. Marcum said they have a 48 hour turn around for their products, so I hope it only takes about a week to get it fixed.

Chow for now,

GF

Hey Guys,

Myself and one other buddy from Bethel are still planning on coming, but like I said earlier we don't have any shelters to bring. So if there is going to be a warm place for us to be, that would be awesome! I hope we can still make it work! Oh yeah, and any bait options we should bring? Thanks!

WallyGator-

I know personally that SmellyJelly is going to bring an extra portable for people and I will bring an extra heater so you should be set. There is no way we will leave someone outside in the cold. I will let you fish in my house, and I will fish out of my truck if that need be. We will accomodate you to get out there and fish. Oh yeah, good bait to bring would be shiners, fatheads, and grubs.

Chow for now,

GF

Smelly -

I will see you at Beartown for breakfast at 7AM.

I have a two person Yukon with an extra seat. I'll have the auger, FL-18, Aquaview, heater, bait, and of course a few brews. Anyone interested is welcome to join me.

Goin Fishin - As I said, I'll bring some chips to go with the brats.

See you Saturday.

I should be able to make it for breakfast.

Do we have a tenative plan once we hit the ice?

WallyGator- You and your buddy are set for an ice house...I have an extra one that will be sure to keep you warm.

metrojoe- We will meet at Ramsey Beach at 8:00am and then head out to the Oardway bar. Dan (goinfishin) and myself have had succuess with walleye's and northerns this week. We have another spot we are going to try for crappies on Friday.

If anybody has extra heaters...and I'm not talking Camels...please bring them on Saturday.

Breakfest at " "KEYS" in WBL at 7:00am it is!

Did I miss anything?

Peace,

SmellyJelly

You can add me to the list of attendees. I'll be at the breakfast, but am one of the poor suckers without a shelter for now. I have one, but they included a wrong pole so I have to wait for them to send another. mad.gif If somebody's willing to take a newbie under their wing I'm there!

Too cold to icefish? I've never heard of such thing. Bring on the neg. temps. Anyone know of a good towing company just in case my car doesn't start up? wink.gif

I'm in and I'll be bringing the grill and the buns. Breakfast sounds good too. See you guys on Saturday!

grin.gif

YHD

S.J.; count me in for saturday. i will be in my permanant you guys came to the other night, and might have a spare hole available. check with me on saturday early, or call my cell. anyone is welcome to warm up also, i'll have the sunflower and the buddy heater cranked up on max all day.

Hey Guys-

Thanks a ton for all the offers of portables, I am sure it will work out. I just talked to my roommate and we have decided to meet for breakfast as well, so we will see you guys there at 7. Thanks again for being so inviting!

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!

I just called and Beartown dosent open till 8am now. Won't do much good to show up there. May I suggest Keys restaurant on 4th street downtown WBL. It's about two blocks East of hwy61. It's closer to Matoska park and we can get on the ice there.

That's a great place to grab some chow to boot! They've got a a killer hash with italian sausage. Good to harden the arteries with. I haven't been there in at least a year, but I would assume it's still the same quality.

Quote:

HOLD EVERYTHING!!!!!!

I just called and Beartown dosent open till 8am now. Won't do much good to show up there. May I suggest Keys restaurant on 4th street downtown WBL. It's about two

blocks East of hwy61. It's closer to Matoska park and we can get on the ice there.

Keys Restaurant it is then! is everybody clear on that?

peace,

SmellyJelly

I'm still going to come also, but I'll meet up after breakfast. I've got a spare seat and all the gear, just lacking experience on the Bear. Smelly, did you grow up in Stillwater? I wonder if I know you. Perhaps I can get your cell# or e-mail so I can hook up with everyone after breakfast. I look forward to meeting you guys!

Smelly,

Count me out for breakfast. I will meet up with you guys either at the landing or on the ice. Oh by the way, I will be coming up from Shakopee and will most likely end up on 35E to WBL, can you give me directions from 35E? Thanks and see you tomorrow!!!

YHD