• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WBL Metro Get Together Jan. 15th

SmellyJelly

What: Metro Get Together.

When: January 15th.

Where: White Bear Lake.

Time: 10.00am

Parking: Ramsey Beach on White bear Lake.

I wanted to start a "NEW" thread for the WBL get together. I know some of you posted you were going or maybe interested in participating in it. I went to my first Metro Get Together two years ago at Phalen Lake and had a blast. I continue to fish with many of the folks I met there.

Please respond if you are going to go or if you have any questions.

Flatter me with a maybe. grin.gif

One last thing. Does anybody want to pre-fish WBL before the event?...if so let me know please.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SmellyJelly

• John Mickish

• spasticcp

• goin fishin

I will be there for sure, and wouldn't mind pre-fishing. I spent a fair amount of time there this summer but have never been on the hard water there. I'm off all next week if any of that will work.

Ramsey beach is the one up in the North/West corner, right?

Mr. Jelly sir,

I'll likely be there. I'd be up for any pre-fishing as well, seeing as how the thin ice up until now means I've saved a lot of fishing hours up for use in January.

mnfishinguy-

That would be the one.

I am off next week as well. What day/time would work best for you? Maximum... same question for you.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

I am free for Tuesday Smelly. We will have to talk and get a time w/everyone. My whole day is open.

Chow for now,

GF

Hmm...

I'm off both Monday and Tuesday of this week (tommorow and tuesday)

I have a 2 man clam-like shelter (think its frabill- haven't opened it. Got it from my uncle. But its nice and small and very easy to pull.) and a Strikemaster 2hp 8" assuming I can get it to fire up (those who were there at the Minnetonka event prally remeber the problems I had with it last year wink.gif ). I do NOT have a heater or a lantern however (though I may get one soon)

I'm planning on going out somewheres tommorow, and wasn't sure where. I'm also up for Tuesday as well if thats better. Get a meeting time and date- we might as well start off the Ramsey county beach as well. I don't know what spots are in walking distance as I've only ice-fished White bear a couple of times.

Crawlerman-

I can make it out w/you Tuesday morning/afternoon...how does that work for you? Why don't we use my fishing equiptment. You just bring your rods and knowledge of the lake.

Does any one else care to join us?

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Should work. Set a time. If you want my cell phone # and such- send me an e-mail at [email protected]

I'll keep my equipment, house etc on reserve in the case we get more people who show up if they don't have one, but I won't bring it unless we do. I'll be checking this thread, if anyone wants to meet up and borrow it for the day- lemme know.

I will try to make it on Tuesday as well. I have to check with the sitter first. I'll check back here for a time to meet. I have never fished the north side of the lake, always stayed south of the rock bar so I am looking forward to it.

Smellyjelly, for a worthy cause I'll be happy to skip out on work for Tuesday afternoon. Post where & when you guys are going to meet or be, I could be there as early as noon or so.

Crawlerman-Max-MnFishinguy-goin fishin,

It sounds like Crawlerman,goin fishin and myslef are for sure's for tomorrow morning. Max, you still want to meet us at noon? How about you MnFishinguy?

I was thinking 8:00am tomorrow. How does that sound?

I will check back later on today...I am going fishing on Rush Lake shortly.

Crawlerman and Max. I just sent you both an email with my cell phone number.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

I do really well on White Bear in the spring but It’s been a bit of a mystery to me during hard water. I’ve fished the areas in front of the VFW, Bellaire, and Ramsey beach and never have had much luck.

Looking forward to meeting some of you guys.

Hi Gentlemen-

I just got home from fishing...long but semi productive day. I am getting equiptment ready for tomorrow (Tues.) for WBL. We are meeting at 8:00am at Ramsey Beach. Look for a blue Ford with a four wheeler behind it.

Call me if you need directions or info. I will be leaving my house around 7:00am. tomorrow morning.

Here is my cell phone number. (651) 214-6639

Crawlerman- I sent you am email early this morning...not sure if you got it though.

See ya at WBL.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Hey Smelly,

Long time since I ran into you on Phalen. I'm going out with my brother Tuesday and was thinking about giving WBL a shot. We won't hit the ice until noon or so, but I would like to say hello. What are you fishing out of? I'll be in a Frabill Ranger 2-man.

Ben

Ack! Yeah.. I was away from the computer for most of the day. Got out on a local pond in the Morning (and iced a 17" bass out of it O.O) and then was out of the house for most of the day seeing a movie and other things.

This being said its 2am- I am not going to be able to make it there by 8. The Noon meet time I should be able to make, however.

Smelly- I did get your cell #. I will give you a call when I get to the Ramesy County beach tommorow. Should be around 12ish. I will also check this tommorow morning as well for updates. Should I still plan on just bringing the rods? Or do you want the shack as well?

Cralerman,

Sounds like you had your plate full yesterday. Just bring your rods and tip ups.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Fleeced,

Long time no see. I will be in a green otter and I will be wearing black bibs and red jacket. Look for a small group of us...or call my cell phone if you like.

Hope to see you out there.

Peace,

SmellyJelly

Any newbies welcome to tag along? Fairly new to the forum, and to icefishing. It would be great to put a face to some of the people that have been dropping pointers. I've got all my basic gear, no power auger just a hand auger, but it works. Always looking for someone to fish with and WBL is my old neighborhood!

spatciccp, smellyjelly's probably on the lake already, but if you want to show up, the more the merrier. I for one only have met one of the people who'll be on WBL today.

I'll be at the Ramsey beach around noon as well, sounds like there will be a few people showing up in that time frame. If you show up, you're going to have to translate that handle for me. smile.gif I'll be in the old, battered black Eclipse.

I will be there around noon as well, I'll bring my house and gear but not the auger as it sounds like there will already be one or two. I can only stay for a few hours but that will be ok as this is my first time out this year.

Pewter colored Jimmy.

I'm just getting ready to leave here now. I'm driving a pewter GMC Sonoma crew cab with a FM sticker on the rear window and a stuffed Bass on the front windsheild smile.gif Younger tallker bearded guy with glasses. Hope to see you guys soon!

I didn't even notice that there was something going on at noon today, I was just referring to the gettogether on the 15th...shows how perceptive I am. grin.gif I'd love to get out there now, but I'm stuck at work. I'll definitely be down for the 15 then, and any other time I can work out getting some prefishing in, but probably not until at least the 3rd or 4th.

I think it was max10" that pulled a 26-27" Walleye up thru the ice. Real nice fish then let her swim away. All I was catching was some little perch but I had to leave early. How did you guys do that stayed later?

I'm new to ice fishing for the most part and might be able to get out for this with a little "greasing of the skids" at home"! I've got rods, probably not nearly enough tackle and a vex and I'm working on an auger but unknown. No shelter, ATV/sled, etc.. (4 wheel drive truck if the ice is OK)

What should I expect if I can make it? Can I borrow an auger if one hasn't moved into my garage yet? I've got a couple of heater options (small coleman and my deer stand old one which throws heat like crazy but a little unwieldy).

I'm looking to learn as much as possible as I'd really like to get good or at least OK at ice fishing.

Would it be OK to bring my 12 year old son (maybe a daughter)or is this a get together for us adults?

This is the kind of thing I've been looking for to learn some tricks and meet some experienced ice fishermen who can set me on my way. Maybe even find a fishing partner for the future.

If this works are there some easy directions to this spot on WBL?

Irv