Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Labby

Fishing help

10 posts in this topic

We are heading up To lotw on the 27 to 29 on A father son fishing trip. 4 dads 4 boys. What areas are doing the best. We will be going out on Adrians road fishing portable. Any help would be great. 2 of the kids are only 6 so I hope the action is decent so they dont get bored.

Lab

Sounds like you are heading in the right direction. The past two weekend I have had good luck on the other side of pine it 23-26 foot of water. I will be up there the same time but I am heading out to 5 mile reef with my Dad, Mom, and Sister. Should be a fun trip. I have usually had pretty decent luck this time of year on 5 mile.

If

Where is 5 mile reef? We will be bringing portables and wheelers. Thanks for the info

Lab

I found the gps coordinates for 5 mile last year by doing a search on the this forum. Twelve & 16 are available too.

Try setting the search to go back 2 or 3 years.

Labby,

Going out of the Warroad city docks (mouth of the river), head out Northwest well, 5 miles out and there you have it. Take a look at any lake map and it’s basically right in the middle of Muskeg Bay. I haven't heard if there are any houses out there yet – I would assume so with this cold snap we are in. "REEL ADVENTURES" or the bed & breakfast as many of you may know it by typically haul their houses out there. As of Monday they were going to see about pulling some houses out there. They generally have a bomber trail that heads out that way too and typically a truck path parallel to that. Usually, there is a marked path as well. I haven't been up to the lake to verify this…just based off of the past years.

If you have wheelers, you shouldn't have an issue at all.

If you go off of Springsteel you go straight east to

get to 5 mile. So I think 5 mile is NorthEAST out of

Warroad public landing. Northeast, or East Northeast

right Vexi man?

Yes Reel Adventure Fish out there and that is who I am going out with since I am taking my family with me. They were going to be pulling house out the end of this week. It is 5 mile NE of Warroad Docks. I never have driven out here myself I have only went with Reel Adventures but it probably is just as easy to head out from springsteel as warroad docks. Watch for cracks there are usually some out there.

Thanks for the info,

I think we will be staying in the Pine Island area this time being we have young kids with, Any depths in that area producing better recently, I usually try shallower then deeper but we may just pick a spot in the low 20,s so we dont have to move as much with the kids. I have had better luck in the past closer to the gap has anyone fished in that area lately

Lab

I am going up there on monday and It's my first time up there can you guys tell what they are biting on

thanks

z-boy

Oh yeah, thanks Curt for catching that. My bad!