Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
kato811

remotes for minkotas

kato811    0
kato811

has anyone used the remotes for the minkota trolling motors are they worth getting do you have problems with them?

andy j    0
andy j

I have used the copilot feature on a few motors and it works well, I have only heard good things about this product so far.

Surface Tension    262
Surface Tension

I'm still using my foot but I have a friend that has the co-pilot and he likes it. After 2 seasons no problems so far. When my foot control goes bad I'll make the switch.

LocalGuide    0
LocalGuide

I also have a copilot on my minnkota.

I used it about 95% of the time this year. I really love it and once you get used to using it, its kinda hard to go back to the foot pedal.

I havent had any problems with it this year. I just had to replace the battery in the remote this fall when it got cold out. It just wouldnt do what I told it to do then I figured it was the battery and it was. Now it works like a champ again.

I really like it when Im fishing with other people and I end up walking around the boat. Before I used the foot pedal and that stayed in the front and I had to run back and fourth to control the boat. Now since I got the copilot I can I walk to the back of the boat and still control it just like I was in the front. Its also nice when you catch a fish and are fooling around with that you dont have to worry about the foot pedal and all that cord going with ya. You just have that little remote and it can go anywhere. I also have my remote on a lanyard, for me it works just fine.

To me its just another one of them great things to have in the boat with you.

efgh    0
efgh

I also have a remote for my power drive minkato, when I bought it they had a promo on that allowed you to get another remote for 5 dollars. you only got 3 bases for the remote that fit on your rod, and one base that you could put on your wrist or any where else, you snap the remote into the base. I like the rod base best, now you can get extra bases for all your rods. I really like that remote. cool.gif

leechlake    9
leechlake

I pounded the table on how much I liked mine, had it for two full years and it quit working this Summer. I did everything to get it working including batteries and resetting and calling minnkota, now it doesn't work. I'll just bring it in and get it fixed, also the remote could be twice as big so when it's cold gloved fingers can accurately hit the buttons.

LocalGuide    0
LocalGuide

Yeah I agree on the cold weather thing. When its 20ºF and your fishing in a boat yet, it can get kinda hard to push buttons when your fingers are cold.

I think they should sell a bigger more cold weather style remote for in the fall. Then have the normal one they have now for use in the summer.