Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tomfromblaine

propane tank size?

9 posts in this topic

all right guys I finally got tired of all the 1 pounders laying around so I went and got a big buddy and hose attachment with a filter but when it came to chooseing a tank I got lost, I would like heat at least for a couple of days before having to refill, I will be heating a clam 6800. I'm pretty sure the 5# wont do it, but that 20# is lookin' like a space eater. what size are you useing? thanks in advance to any input. grin.gif

I use a #20 in my yukon. Just put the tank outside and run the hose in to the heater.

I use a 20 pounder with hose and have never keep track of hours but can go many days while fishing 3-4 hours at a time.I probably only use 2-3 taks a year and I fish alot. portable is a fish-trap voyager.

I have a 10 and a 20 lber. If I had to do it all over again I'd not go with the 10. The 20 really doesn't take up much more room and it'll save you from refilling after a couple days use.

20lbs are more common and cost the same or cheaper that the smaller or larger tanks. You can also exchange them.

If you aren't concerned with the weight factor of pulling them by hand and you keep the tank outside of your portable the 20 lbs make the most sense to me.

I just use the 20 lb'er from my propane grill.I leave the tank outside and run a hose into the heater

I use a 10lb tank with a heater attached. I like it because it is shorter so it keeps your holes open and feet warmer and it's lighter than a 20lb tank. I think the heater works better when it's attached right to the tank instead of a hose. Especially when it's below 0 out. Hope this helps!

I'd go with the 20lb. Well I got about half dozen of them and they are free. People buy a new grill it comes with a tank. I offer to get rid of thier old grill for them and walla. I got another regulator, tank, the valves to control gas flow. Ibuild my own heaters so now just find an old gas cooking range and I got burners.

Opps kinda off subject but pay attention thoughout the yr. and ya can probably get a tank or 2 for free.

Alrighty then a 20 it is, thanks for all the input, now lets fish. grin.gif