Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Sinker

River reports?

Sinker

Is anyone catching anything on the St. Croix?I've been down there twice out of North Hudson and only caught a few small crappies and one small walleye.

ritt14

I fished out of bayport a couple of times this past weekend and ended up with a big goose egg. Fished both sides, 25 ft on MN side, 32 on sconi side.

fins&feathers

ritt14

how much ice was out there?

Sinker

Pretty slow for me also.Fished several times and kept three smaller crappies.Seeing fish on the flasher but they seem to have lockjaw.Monday there was a good 11"-12" of ice.Thanks for the reports.Keep them coming.Good Luck Fishing!!!

Mr Special

Hey Sinker,

Good to see you're still getting out.

I on the other hand, now have very limited time due to an addition to my family. Her name is Ava and she's 6mos. Drop me an email sometime and hopefully we can hook up.

Sinker

Hi Phil, congratulations! Sounds like you have a keeper there.Yeah, we'll hook up at the power plant or something later.Real slow right now.Kind of gave up and went other places for a while.Take Care.

TRZ

Hey guys- i was down 4 times with only mooneye to show for it. the river is completly dead, i won't be back till mn season closes. good luck dave.

Sinker

TRZ, nice to hear from you.I know you guys know how to catch fish on that river so at least I feel better about giving up on it for a while.I haven't given up totally,but depending on what I have for time,I'll drive to other places with better action.Let me know on here if your going to try the open water some day.Maybe Mr. Special will want to give it a try also.Good Luck Fishing!!!

TRZ

I'll let you know, right now my shack is on a mtero lake and we are getting good game fish bite- pike eyes and bass. so it is hard to fish anywhere else right now. good luck over in wisconsin.

hunt4food

Three of us fished from 7:30AM-12:30PM out there today. Two 24" and 26" sturgeon was all we caught. Pretty slow. it was fun to see the Sturgeon though.

mnfisherman

Anyone fish the L&S King warm water discharge?

Sinker

Yeah, I was down there twice in the last few weeks.Did catch one,13" sauger.That's it.Only one other guy there the first time and nobody the second.Always were people there in the past.Kind of confirms the theory that the river is very slow this year.Oh well.I only fish it this year when I only have a couple of hours to spend.

mnfisherman

Do you know what other kind of fish you can catch at the discharge?

Sinker

When it's been good you can catch walleye,sauger,crappie,channel catfish,sturgeon and white bass.Pretty slow this year,for me anyway.Good Luck Fishing!!!

TRZ

is anyone even fishing the river anymore? i plan on hitting it in a few weeks. Sinker-maybe we can hook up and hit the open water.

gman2002

got some real nice crappies tonight 12-13in. maybe its time wink.gif

wall-i-king

How are the crappies going right now? I mean you caught a couple but have they died again? I am thinking that I might get out this weekend and am looking for any amount of rencouragement in my decision. Thanks guys.

keep fishin'

wall-i-king

bdiddy

where abouts on the croix are you guys fishin? everytime i've fished the croix its been just a bit north of stillwater.

Turk

Bdiddy,

Guys are fishing the Bayport area south of Stillwater.

Do you fish north of Stillwater for the open water or ice season?

Turk

hunt4food

I sat out there tonight in this wind. 6 nice slabs for the frying pan. They are biting fairly well. A few small eyes and a smallmouth found their way onto my hook too. Wow! it's really hard to type with frozen fingers!

hondavxr

Could you still drive on the river and where were you fishing? Don't worry about the frozen fingers the sizzling slabs will warm them up really quick. cool.gifsmile.gif

rosspj59

Nice work Hunt4food. Haven't made it to the croix yet this year. Might have to give it the old college try. Last year was real tough out there and pushed me away. Still a lot of people out there fishing, or were you the only one out there last night?

hunt4food

I was all alone, but I did see a few others out there. I was fishing in 32' of water. Between Stillwater and South Bayport. Won't be back out until Sat. now. Gee that seems like a long ways away.

hondavxr

Could you still drive on the river hunt4food? I might try the croix one more time also. Good luck Sat.

hunt4food

Yes. I use my ATV though. I don't much like cold water and I am not that good of a swimmer. There were plenty of trucks out there all weekend and I am sure the cold this week will fix the access that was getting a little bit rough.