Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
child23

ice conditions

5 posts in this topic

anyone know how thick the ice is by long point? How bout gull rock or springsteel? Just curious. Im getting the itch to head up there are drown some minnows.

I went out from Springsteel fishing yesterday afternoon and there was about 14 inches of clear ice where I drilled, next time I will bring a power auger too!

Regards....fiskyknut

Hey Frisky,

According to the radio report, you are suppose to be in a hut with two heaters burning right now...???? So are there any fish left in Muskeg?

Hitting the ice tomorrow for a 5 day stretch... Looking forward to it.

Well WT that was the plan, till I went out to start the wifes car for her this morning, stucked thermostat. On top of this my bud from Swift with whom I was to meet there had 2 dead vehicles this morning as well, so even had I made it there we would'nt have made it much further. We were gonna hit Zipple by noon....Oh well.

Yes there are still plenty of fish left in Muskeg. I had the portable set up by three in 16.5 fow. Got 1 big Perch and 1 little Perch by 4.Between 4 and 445 I caught 2 small Wally's, 1 17 inch Wally and another around 21-22. After this the Pout moved in and after 5 of these in about 25 minutes I gave up! So I got to keep 1 nice Perch and 1 nice eating sized Walleye, had them for lunch today.

I'm off to the in-laws in GFKS tomorrow, then Saturday I'll be here in Roseau with my folks. Sunday moving Walleyejons Big fish house onto the pond most likely.

I talked to some folks today that have plans to hit them rocks on Sunday. You gonna beat them to it are'nt you?

Green with envy!....fiskyknut

Yep, that's the plan anyway... It's going to be a brisk morning tomorrow, but the weather sounds like it will get better through the weekend.

Have a good one.

Offline till 12/29.

WT.