Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
outdoormaster

Names

28 posts in this topic

Hey I got a little puppy on tuesday and it's a golden lab but I cant think of a good name for it I thought maybe winchester but the family doesnt like it so any names would be great. O yea its a girl.

My favorite female yellow lab names would be:

Taffy

Sandy

&

Daisy

Don't know why, just seem like yellow female names...

Sorry, I can't help much I have been trying to think of male dog names at the time.

Here is one I liked, but the wife does not: Gage

Not sure if would work for a female or not?

My female lab is Nellie.

Type in "dog names" in your favorite search engine. There are several sites with hundreds of ideas. I support the idea of one syllable. Two at most. Past that and you will probably find yourself shortening it naturally. Winchester may end up being winni or win. or winch grin.gif

I just named my female "Marli".

Hey Lawdog, where are you from? I grew up in Ivanhoe.

My little female yellow lab is Libby

Quote:

Hey Lawdog, where are you from? I grew up in Ivanhoe.

Grew up in Pipestone. Been around Pipestone, Slayton, Luverne areas my whole life except the 8 1/2 years I lived in Red Wing.

If not Winchester, how about compromsing with Winny?

Other suggestions to help with a name is to think about who/where you got it, what kind of day it was, or something else that happened on that particular day.

My GSP is named "Holly" since she was born just before Xmas. grin.gif

Finnaly got a name "Magnum" and the girls are happy so they can call it "maggie" grin.gif

My females name is Kenai, after the Kenai river in Alaska.

Some names of dogs I know

Teal

Maize

Boone

Pike

Chase

Harley

Vexy (named after Vexilar)

Gretzky

Freely (named after guitarist from KISS)

Lacey

Ozzie

Good luck with the search.

Our male blk Labs name is Shady, and my girlfriends sister has male yellow Lab named Sunny...

Shady worked out real well for our little monster, kind of a shady character at times, but a good pup for the most part.

RU

My wife and I just bought a Golden. We named her beretta, we call her Retta for short. The name really grew on us.

We named ours Dakota.

had a female that was 3/4 golden retriever and 1/4 lab. named her remington called her remy. wanted to name my new yellow lab the same but the wife said no and named her alden... i dont care for the name but if it means i get a new hunting partner i can deal with it! i call her YB short for yellow beast.

I wanted to revive this post as I am contemplating new names for our future edition. We have a female GSP "picked out" and I'm not crazy about her name so here is my short list:

Let me set this up by saying that my wife's family has a long history with booze names for shorthairs....(Ex. Cognac, Gin, Buca (Sambuca), and I have already used Guinness)

Lieni

Murphy

Duvel

Barley

Cabby (Cabernet)

Can I get a vote on these?

Go with pork chop.

alcohol names, ahha that is kinda cool all the guys we hunt with have names like

cassie

sadie

abby

katie

kobe

ramsey

baily

moxie

pretty crazy?

I like the name Lieni for a female...

Good Luck!

Ken

I named my Black Mouth Cur "Yeller"

Cuddy? after cuddy shark. That's some tough booze...YUCK!

Quote:

If Hooters were to become a door-to-door service would they have to change their name to Knockers?

Dang it SFG... now I am in trouble for laughing so hard in my cube. Good quote!!!

My black lab is Midnite. The next one is going to be named Shadow in her memory. The wife says I look kind of funny with a black lab stickingout of my butt all the time! Take care and N Joy the Hunt././Jimbo

My big male chesapeake's name is Brewster

Short is "Brew"

I love it

My last Yellow Lab Female was named "HIKA". She was the only one I'd ever heard of, so the chances of hunting with two the same name are pretty remote. She's gone almost 3 years now and still miss that dog frown.gif, BEST one I ever had!!

We picked her up and found out that she is actually half GSP and half English Pointer. She is HUGE for either breed so her current name of "Fee Bee" ain't cuttin' it with me. I'm liking Lieni and, now, Brewster.