Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
S.D. Ice Angular

Lake Victoria” and “Lake Burgen”

S.D. Ice Angular    0
S.D. Ice Angular

I’m new to the area and live near “Lake Victoria” and “Lake Burgen” does anyone fish these bodies of water. Are these safe to drive on assuming the ice is thick enough or is there some spots to stay away from??

Hossienda    0
Hossienda

Hey S.D.,

How is the new home working out?? I have not fished either of those lakes, but usually get out to Smith Lake to the east and do pretty good on the crappies. A friend is putting his house out on Darling Thursday to hit the crappies and walleyes. We also do pretty good on Le Homme Dieu for walleyes this time of year. Drop me an email and maybe we can hook up one of these days.

-Hossienda

bigbucks    6
bigbucks

Victoria can be a little inconsistent on ice. I drove out there a few years with no problem, but generally you won't see more than 2-3 vehicles out there all winter. There's really no place to get on the lake with a vehicle from the North end & there's springs or something mid lake that tend to make for some water on the ice in places. As far as I know Burgen's okay to drive on. I never fished it in the winter. I used to live very close to Burgen though. I did drive out there to recover my stolen & vandalized permanent fish house one year however, it had been on Victoria when it disappeared.

I can't say I ever got stuck or really had an trouble with my Ford Ranger on Victoria, but I hit slush enough different places in the dead of winter to make me pretty nervous.

Wayne Ek    0
Wayne Ek

S.D. you can fish the north end of victoria by parking on Hwy 27 and walking on, easy walk. This area is a large flat and usually holds some nice panfish on both first and late ice. There will probably be other portables out there just about anytime you drive by. Walk on do not try to drive on.