Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bronzeback01

Frabill ultra lite

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking into getting a Frabil Ranger solo or an ultra lite. Does anyone have one of them? Is there much of a differance between the two? Does the ultra lite have a seating system in it or does one need to be added?

Any information would be great.

Prettysure on this.. but the Ultra light does not come with seating(I think there is a spot molded in the floor for a bucket but I could be wrong.). The fabric is believe is a little lighter too.. IT if were me, I would go with the solo rather than the ultra light.

I have a few year old Solo and like many of it's features but like anything else nothing is perfect. Here's what I can tell you about the 2 your looking at. The Solo is 18" wider and 10" taller and 26lbs and heavier than the Ultralite. In the seating dept. the Solo has an updated seating arrangement from when mine was built and I feel this seating issue is one of Frabil's short-comings. They choose to mold into the base forms to accept their seats and or a bucket and this molded in feature make their sled tougher to pull by hand. IMHO I feel in the single person shacks it's tough to beat the Eskimo Sport it's as large,light as any brand and provides what you need in a low cost package 180.00 at Mills right now(I'd leave their seating out of it and fish off a bucket or fabricate aluminum brackets for the stock seat if you want to shed more lbs). In a 2 person they are very close and you need to look at how your going to use it. Hand pulling requires a sled bottom that dosen't have a bunch of molded in stuff like the Frabil, if it's machine pulled it doesn't matter. Try to go to Cebela's or get online and research as much as you can based on your needs and then just go buy that unit. Don't be afraid to look at how you might do some customizing on it as well like I said nothing is perfect but if you can get close it' helps. By doing this you will be very happy with your purchase and enjoy every outing that much more. Good Luck.....

If you're a bigger dude, I recommend the solo fer sher. I'm 6' 240lbs, and the ultralite(my buddy has one) is far too small for my tastes.