Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kander65

new eskimo ice auger

4 posts in this topic

just got an early xmas gift from my wife, an eskimo barracuda plus with 3hp engine, 10 inch cutting blades. just wondering if anyone owns one of these and getting opinions on the quality of these augers. I can't find a choke on this model. is there an auto choke? first time owner of a power auger so any help is appreciated.

From what I have seen of them in the store- you will like your auger. Take a look at their website, there should be a downloadable manual for you to view.

Merry Christmas early to you huh? I'm hoping I get a cool present like that.

Congratulations on the great gift. I got one too, only a jiffy. Got it about 2 weeks ago. If this cold keeps up, I just may need it the first time I get out.

Yes--there is a choke on that auger. I have the exact same auger only a 9". Choke is located on the bottom of the carb near the air intake. It does not look like much of a choke lever, just a small bent lever hanging down. It has 3 positions(off, half, full) that are bearly noticable with golves on and the auger running. The auger starts and runs real well, kinda cold blooded and likes the choke on half until good and warm. Hope yours works as well as mine does. Good luck!