• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

New Waconia Ice Report.... Its Growing Fast

InTowneGuy

anybody know the ice conditions on waconia? mase's to be exact any info would be great im going there on sunday

thanks

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• danny berg

• scalescratcher

• Chaska Fisherman

• Moose-Hunter

EJ77...go to pillsbury reef fish in 25 feet of water use waxworms and fish 6 inches off the bottom you wont come home empty handed

Hey Danny are you storing the Big monster at the same place you did last year? We stored it there last year and was quite happy with the price and convenience. Let me know when you are thinking of pulling it off and I can give you a hand if I am in town.

Lane

Was out on Saturday just West of Center.

Boy all winter and no tip-ups. But with that front coming in the Northerns were hitting.

3lb, 4.5lb, 9.5lb and 12.5lb hog.

grin.gif

Crappie not interested in nothing. They would come up and sniff but not interested in anything we put down.

Oh well the northerns made up for the slow crappies.

Only 6 more perm house days. mad.gif

later

What a fun northern day, good for you. I was out on Pillsbury for a few hours on Sunday evening. Had the same experience where the Vex was full, but nothing was interested in biting. I experimented a lot, and found the few biters (small sunnies and crappies, about 12 of each) would bite only on two eurolarvae on a small hook. Anyone do any better ??.

Lane,

I plan to store it there, I need to call him today. I didn't get back from St Cloud until 5 last night then I had to shovel the driveway. Some time this week the fishhouse is coming off. I need to go back to St Cloud next weekend, we have a buyer for the property, and I have one small room left to paint.

Squatters weren't there when we got there but they left all their clothes and other things, which are now in a dump somewhere. Had the police over Sat Morning and explained the situation. They said they would patrol the area alittle more this week until we sell the place next Monday, then the new owners are moving in the same day.

Broken Line,

And you wouldn't have caught those fish if I didn't tell you about the Euro Larva!! grin.gifgrin.gifcool.gifcool.gif

Well DUH !!! Like you should even have to ask that Mr. Berg. And now that I have you identified, I can be sure that all of your postings on this site are total hot air. You see that friend of yours (walleyenutz) trying to take credit for my own fishing expertise. Go figure.

Broken line,

You should give me a call to go fishing, I can go almost anytime, unlike your friend Walleyenutz. But he has a darn good excuse, 2 new kids at home. Just wait until those boys are ready to go fishing, then he will be calling you all the time to go fishing. wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

ChaskaFisherman,

Is your house on Red's or Anderson's?, I didn't see it up north yesterday afternoon when I went out to pull my house off the lake.

Danny

Danny,

I'll sure keep that in mind...sounds good. I'll be visiting dad in Chisago this weekend, and then I'm off to Red Lake and Lake of the woods March 3-7. We'll see what we can sneak in bewteen those times. As far as Walleyenutz...I think his excuse(s) are pretty lame. No better time to teach one to fish than when they are young as far as I can tell.

Heading out to Waconia tomorrow morning, first time this year. Where are they biting, what's the hot bait, how deep?

Everything a fisherman needs to know...

Also, where is the best way to access the lake from the west side? Do you have to pay at any of these spots.

Any info is greatly appreciated, just moved to Mayer and need to get back on the ice.

BigBass123,

Welcome to the neighborhood I live in Mayer also, along with a few other users. Did very little icefishing this year so far, but the closest access for us coming from the west is on the east side of Wagner's Bay.

Danny, I am out on andersons and waiting till the last minute to pull it off. Hey I need directions to Milfred's place again I am a total air head that I cant remember it. Sat night was slow fishing out there...lots of fish but nothing wanted to bite.

Lane

I was out last night till about 7:30.. Caught a few crappies, only kept 3 though.. I wasnt really in the mood to keep any, hoping for a big one, so I didnt try too hard for them.

Fished out of the perm. one last night(yesterday) on andersons and did great on the crappies after dark. brought home a meal and released a bunch---none over 10 inches. This year pretty much sucked for eyes in the 6 different places we tried---complete opposite of last year. All spots that produced last year that we tried this year were void of ANY fish----kind of strange. I like to fish away from the crowds but we had to fish close to the "crowds" to stay on fish.

anyone else have the same results this year?

jeff

Hey Guys

I want to get out to fish Waconia but as I have never fished it I just had a quick question. I have a Nissan Sentra and was just wondering if I would be able to get on and off the lake without any problems? Or would it be better for me to just walk out? I just graduated from college and need to start making some money before I can get the truck of my dreams. Anyways thanks for any replies.

You shouldnt have any problems getting out there in your car, the only place that would be bad would be the entrance at the marina but the exit is still ok and I have gone onto the lake there with my car, or the access that is on the west side of the lake is still good. Good luck, post a report if you go out there!