Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
Mopad

Ottertail Lake Fishing reports

Mopad    0
Mopad

Pulled the fish house out this morning out of the Pelican Bay Access. The day didn't start well. I got the fish house hooked up to the four wheeler and took off to the lake, 10 feet out of the access the fish house went through, luckly it was only in about 6 inches of water. So a heads up for everyone I would recommend useing the access to the right, don't use the summer boat lauch because it's flooded in that area. I saw three other tracks when I came in to go home that went through the ice also. With these cold days ahead I would think it would freeze up in a day or two. Anyways back to getting the house out. I had to pull it backwards out of the lake with the pick up, it actually went pretty well. Finnally got on the lake and about 2/3's way out to the first break it looked like a war zone. After getting past all the broken ice the fish house inside looked like a ware zone also from all the bouncing around smirk.gif. I put the fish house down in 23 feet of water and started fishing. Caught two perch in the early after noon. About 4:30 the walleyes came in. by 5:30 I had four in the pail. After 5:30 it became very slow and nothing was on the vex. I decided to head in. 4 nice walleys and 2 big perch. 9 inches of ice. I did see there was a dodge dakota on the first break out of the pelican bay access. It turned out to be a good day after all.

Pooh    8
Pooh

thanks for the report benjaminD sounds like the cold weather showed up and the ice has finally formed. just to think the lake has only been frozen over for a week and a half! good luck to all on OT.

Mopad    0
Mopad

Fished OT again last night on 12/22/04. The bite didn't come on till alittle later on in the evening. Ended up with five eyes. The access looks alot better than it was on Tuesday. Anyone have any reports on Walker. Looking to catch a few of those big sunfish.

frabillfisher    1
frabillfisher

Just wondering how much later beacuse the best bite is usualy the hour before and the hour after?

jt24    0
jt24

BenjaminD

I was out there last weekend and did manage a few gills and some crappies. Not a very good bite but was able to catch a few for a meal. Very lite biters. Also got a bonus walleye there also. Later Jamie

ironman    0
ironman

I was out on Walker last Sunday....9 crappies, 2 eyes, 1 33" pike good luck

jt24    0
jt24

Hey Ironman which house were you in out on walker? Sure was cold out there!

Mopad    0
Mopad

Fished OT again on 12/23/04. Caught 4 walleys and kept 2. Caught a nice sized perch at 8:15p.m. that I thought was pretty rare for that time of the day. Missed a bunch more. Good luck to all and have a Merry Christmas!

ironman    0
ironman

Jt, I was in the Shapell portable(black), and yes it was cold out there...with no snow to pack around it...the wind came right in from underneath..holes kept freezing over..quite quickly I might add. but at least I caught fish. Did you do any good that day?

jt24    0
jt24

Ya we had i think 9 fish that we kept. Ya it was not very nice out there. Saturday was alot worse for wind that was for sure! I was in the portable to the south of you with the trailer and the 4 wheeler. I thought about coming and chatting with ya but didnt want to hold ya up from catching a few. For some reason i just had this feeling you were a FMer. You walked out right? Later

ironman    0
ironman

yup...that was me footin' it around....should've grabbed my buddy's wheeler but didn't know how the ice was...the same reason I only brought the hand auger....that was a mistake. By the next time I make it up...I'll be driving the truck out and I'll probably be hitting OT by then. You should've stopped by...always got time to shoot the breeze and trade lies. Good luck out there.

jt24    0
jt24

Ya that is kind of a walk to get there. You looked pretty busy trying to get your house up so i didnt want to bother you. I really wasnt sure about the ice either. I did know that it was enough for the wheeler but didnt bring my permanant because i was unsure how thick it was. I will be heading up that way thursday nite so if you are up there we should hook up. I will probably try walker first and then move to OT. The past 2 years we have been skunked on walker but this year i went rite after we got good ice so that helped. My aunt has a cabin on walker so its easily accessible to go out there but when nothing bitin we head for the big water. Did real well last year on OT so hopefully it will be good this year to. Later Jamie

ironman    0
ironman

unfortunately and fortunately I'm wont be up in that neck of the woods for awhile. I say fortunately this weekend is busy and the next I'm headed to LOTW!! But after that I forsee myself spending some quality time up in OT county. If our schedules ever match up...I'll have to stop by and see what's cookin'. Loads and scads of jumbo perch hopefully.

frabillfisher    1
frabillfisher

Fished OT last night 12/29...left at 7:30 the bite was teribble...not even one bite..or even a pout, I was straight out from the graystone in my little portable..oh i geuss i did catch 1 5 inch perch frown.gif

Gissert    17
Gissert

Finally got out on the 'Tail tonite. Brrrrrr!

Set up on a 25 foot hump surrounded by deep water. Caught about 40 perch, and kept 6 that were 10 inches. Caught 6 of those short walleyes, keeping one that got hooked in the gill.

17 inches of nice, clear ice.

steel24    0
steel24

Gissert, fished Ottertail near years eve... Fished a point in about 18ft of water. Set up at 3:00- fished till 7:00 My buddies and I caught four Walleyes/ two keepers..No perch. The walleyes were very light biters, Mark-ed fish the whole time we were there...they just would not bite..

Also, it was VERY windy and cold..

bigtruckderbuck    0
bigtruckderbuck

Anyone been out recently? I'll be in Fergus this weekend and plan to head out in search of walleye. Last time out for me was Christmas weekend. Only managed to catch small perch on Ottertail and a couple of small walleye on Hoot.

Mopad    0
Mopad

Went fishing last night on Ottertail. SLOW SLOW SLOW. Fished after work from 5 to 10 and didn't get a single bite. It was very cold out and sure felt good to get the heater going.