Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MossBoss95

Clam 1060 Question

4 posts in this topic

I'm looking into getting a new house and was wondering what you guys thought of the Clam 1060? I like the 6800 but it will not fit into my GMC Jimmy. Any help would be great? Also if anyone has a used one out there I would be interested.

I just purchased a 1060, but haven't been able to use it yet. Will let everyone know how well it works after the new year.

howell,

I am interested in how it sets up and comes down...from the directions it looks like you need to remove the tent part each time??? That cannot be right? Does the tent stay fastened to the base and you just add poles on the inside. Are some of the poles attached at all times, and then you just add a few poles to strech the tent out and make it tight?

Anybody?

Thanks,

Muskieguy.......

I've had the 1060 for a couple of years now. It fits nicely into my grand cherokee which was a major factor. No need to remove any part of the tent at any time. The tent portion straps to the main corner/end posts but does need to be strapped to the base each time you put it up - easy to do though. I've fished with 4 folks in there no problem. And if I'm by myself, I only fold one of the ends out to fish out of. One complaint is that clam has to get rid of the cute little plastic ends on the frame poles. Mine is out of commission now cause one end is broke on the main center pole. Another negative was the zipper system at the bottom of the doors.... but of course they changed that last year so no worries there. Also very sturdy in windy conditions. Bottom line - I love the house and would buy it again.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• monstermoose78
      lol I posted that Friday but with no service it must went when I ran into town for new hose
    • monstermoose78
      I was up over the weekend to do cabin duties. I did get laker trout at cascade river Friday mornings it was 17 inches but made for great trout and eggs breakfast. Agree with maple bacon longjohn and Chet's doughnut. Also a must stop for me is trail center for lunch the 3 Cheese grilled cheese is amazing with a chocolate and peanut butter milkshake. Just look at this lunch
    • Cliff Wagenbach
      Lindy rig with 1/2 crawler! 15' to 19' depth. Cliff
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I second Crooked Lake. Super clear water too. I kayaked in there recently and was amazed at how many sunnies are in there. First calm wind day I get I'm gonna get the yak in there and bring my flyrod. 
    • TNtoMN_HuntFish
      I woke up early Saturday tired and letting all the excuses in my head convince me to go back to bed. Cold front, high winds, clear skies. Screw it, I'm going anyway!   Glad I did. The wind was rough for yak fishing but I found them stacked right off a weedline and caught 7 bass within an hour on a stretch less than 75 yds.    Ended the day with the pig of a bass pictured and a nice Pike for dinner. Once the sun came out and warmed up the water I got action on the flats. That's where the big bass and pike came from. 8 bass total, one nice pike, a few short strikes on the flats. Wind sucked and what the heck is up with needing a sweater on the first weeked of Summer?!?! I'm not in the South anymore haha.
    • Cret Jigs
      This bass likes 50F weather and a Senkos 
    • osok
      Despite the occasional rain shower and relentless wind, had a great day on Fish Lake. Decent sized pan fish,  several out of slot, and 3 "eaters"  Walleyes were caught . The kids and wife all caught fish at a pace that kept me busy baiting, netting..(repeat) for a few hours. Not only was I fueling the addiction, but gaining points for future fishing trips. The only low point was when we went "Island exploring", someone was either in a hurry or just completely selfish and left their campsite garbage strewn to the point that it filled a 13 gal garbage bag.  
    • curt quesnell
    • fishingstar
      I use a big zip tie that will slide on and off.
    • OhioVike
      Nice catch Cliff. Were you rigging or bobbering?