• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Issues to address for MN Ducks

try and start a thread that lists peoples issues regarding waterfowl mgmt. so at least something is out there rather then rhetoric.

Things I would like addressed.

reform of tiling permits and reclamation

shoreline reform

hunter input on season dates and lengths

addressing licensing of minnow ponds, reclaiming of ponds,

alternative farming practices ie. no till drill etc,

predator control

revamping state dnr resources and priorities,

just my opinions add or whatever, but issue needs to be addressed.

big drift

I think a big issue would be locking up land to restore. Buying land from farmers to set aside forever. But this requires money. Creating new habitat. Land is no longer cheap. Even swamps and marshes are going for huge prices these days.

If a lake is designated as a waterfowl lake.....It should be managed specifically for waterfowl. Whatever it takes and to hell with the fishermen and minnow dealers. Ain't they go enough lakes as it is.

Time to take back the waterfowl lakes for starters!

Henbanger,

This is a fishing web site so stating "to hell with the fishermen" on this site isn't going to win anyone over. I also doubt that banging hens is doing any good either. You do make a good point though, there are enough lakes with fish in them so I don't understand why they have to try and turn duck sloughs into prime fisheries.

As I said on another post in this section it isnt just the dnr making fisheries out of lakes that never used to be ,it is also private landowners building on lakes that never had people on them before. there is alot of illegal fish stocking going on in lakes that used to be duck and minnow type sloughs or shallow lakes.