Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BradB

Houses out yet?

6 posts in this topic

12/20/04 5:20 PM

Karen McQuoid posted on the Mac's Twin Bay website today that they should be pulling some of the smaller houses out tomorrow (12/21). Mine is a little bigger, so I'm going to have to wait a bit. Does anyone at MTB, or any other resort, have their permanent house out yet?

Karen said 9 - 11 inches in the bay when I called this morning. The ice is rough but they are starting to pull small houses out into the bay. I could have had mine pulled out (8x10), but am waiting until the weekend. They are not letting people drive out, only ATV, sleds, walk.

The MTB website is now saying 10-12 inches in the bay, and that they have been pulling the smaller houses out. They estimate that they can get them all out in the next couple of days. I'm hoping that mine can be out on the 26th.

Are there any other MTB customers who have their houses out, or will have them out soon?

I am a Mac's customer - and like you BradB - hope to have my house pulled out Dec. 26. I'm calling tomorrow (Fri.) to see how long "the list" is. I'd love to get set up off the point, but i'd take anything just as long as i can fish.

Krebber,

Don't take my spot! Maybe we're thinking about different points? I already left a message that Kevin should put me on the same spot as last year, so I guess you won't be taking it exactly.

If we're close, stop by and say hi. I drive a maroon Silverado with a topper.

Brad

Mac's said this morning that they hoped to have the bigger houses out on Roads A/B starting Sunday. They said to call Sunday morning to check. Apparently A/B are plowed but there is a crack beyond B. I drive a dark blue dakota with topper. House is a lighter blue/#105. Maybe we'll cross lines.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• CaptJohnWis
      Berserker Bass.   This is probably the most exciting hit I have ever had from a bass.   Had to slow it down to get the full effect .Berzerker bass video
    • ZachD
    • ZachD
      Have not fished down there but up river a little way in the Ramsey area I have been doing well on smallies Either trolling raps up river bouncing of the bottom or drifting down pounding the shorelines with meps spinners.   Meps are one of my favorite lures for the river that and buzz baits.   The Mississippi is fun because you have a chance at catching anything.
    • ZachD
      Go to the fields off hwy 10 where diamonds used to be and where the boat launch is in Ramsey. I plant feathers and stuff there sometimes there is a variety of tall grass around there.   the best pre buy program I have found is at golden meadows. if you put money on an account before aug 26 the prices are  depending on when you go Aug. 20 - Sept. 4
      Sept. 5 - Oct. 2
      Oct. 3 - Nov. 6
      Nov. 7 - Dec. 4
      Dec. 5 - Jan. 1, 2017 COST PER BIRD

$16.50
      $17.50
      $18.50
      $19.50
      $20.50    
    • biff
      Hmmm...getting a prosthetic foot and attaching hooks now
    • fishingtime13
      Im wanting to go and fish the missisippi river by my place, there is a little inlet with some down trees, a drop off  and a little bridge that goes over the inlet. Its off of east river road at the end of 79th.  I believe its called riverview heights park. My questions is, has anyone gone fishing there? I see people there quite often and have chatted with them a little bit, but haven't gotten much out of them. It looks promising for some largemouth and catfish. if you have fished there what works good? and are they biting now? I will be there at about 5 am tomorrow morning.
    • monstermoose78
      This rain is keeping the rum muddy.
    • redlabguy
      Nuts, I had to leave Fraser on Monday for some business and a trip, but I think your MO is the right one. However, there are a lot of small (10-12") fish on the reef tops as of Sunday. You might try deeper water just off the tops. I'm not a fan of bobber fishing (like to feel the bite) but it's been a consistent winning method. Dick
    • monstermoose78
      He is huge 
    • fisherjmb
      Thanks for the info guys. We did end up going and launching at Beanies. Ten bucks to launch. Not too bad. There is a for sale by owner sign posted there but it's obviously private for now. As for the fishing, it was slow. Pulled the plug at noon and headed for the Mississippi. Did much better there.