Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Down to Earth

Owens Done For the Year

10 posts in this topic

WOW, Just read a report in which Owens will be having surgery and will be done for the year. Now all of a sudden the NFC becomes even more wide open(in my opinion). No longer is it Philly and then the rest of the conference. Will definately make things a lot more interesting on the NFC side.

Hopefully none of you have him on your fantasy team and are playing for championships. Fortunately for me my opponent does.

Philly still has a heck of a defense so they won't roll over just yet. I agree that it does even the field in the NFC playoff race. I bet you'll see defenses stack up the line to stop the run and bump the receivers to interrupt their routes. I still think they're the NFC favorite but it probably puts them behind about 4 other teams in the AFC.

A buddy of mine in my fantasy leauge has T.O. and all year I've heard about how great he is, how much of a thouroubread he is, how he deserves to win the Super Bowl.

Thank you football gods for sittin his overexposed @55 on the sidelines for the rest of the year.

Philly was the best team in the NFC the last several years without T.O and really only needed defensive improvement to get over the hump. T.O. is probably the single most overrated player in the league and they are still far and away the class of the NFC even without him.

Gotta admit though, I bet all the NFC teams in contention aren't dissapointed he is out. He is a game changer and a deep threat, just look at the rest of the stats for the offense, no one even comes close to his production, he will be missed big time;.

lawdog,

You really don't think he means that much to the Eagles or do you just not like him? I admit that I figured he would be doing the same thing by this time of the season as he did in San Fran, having a sub par season and whining about not getting the ball enough. IMO I think he has made a HUGE difference to their offense and with him out it makes D coordinators jobs a lot easier. 8 in the box and let McNabb try to beat you with nothing to throw to. I still think Phili is the best team in the NFC but without TO they are no better then the last 2 teams that lost in the NFC championship game.

Viks in the NFC championship against the Eagles and the Viks win. Eagles can't make it over that hump in the road.

Go Viks.

A queens fan calling out another team for not being able to win the big one? That's funny.

No Just another fan believeing his team can do it. Just need the ball to bounce our way.

Quote:

lawdog,

You really don't think he means that much to the Eagles or do you just not like him? I admit that I figured he would be doing the same thing by this time of the season as he did in San Fran, having a sub par season and whining about not getting the ball enough. IMO I think he has made a HUGE difference to their offense and with him out it makes D coordinators jobs a lot easier. 8 in the box and let McNabb try to beat you with nothing to throw to. I still think Phili is the best team in the NFC but without TO they are no better then the last 2 teams that lost in the NFC championship game.

Probably mostly because I hate him... I do think he is good, but he's not near the game breaker a Moss is or the consistent star say a Marvin Harrison is. He's definitely their best reciever and he's certainly good, but he isn't anywhere's near the top of the crop like he hypes himself and some others hype him.

I definitely disagree with your statement that they aren't any better than the team that lost the last two championship games without him. Their biggest improvement was on the defense in my opinion, not their offense (which has always been good). The Freak's pass rush was non-existent in Philly last year and their defense is what makes them much better than previous year's teams in my opinion. Say what you want about stats and that, but you still can't win a championship with no defense. Maybe the Rams won one with a marginal defense, but it wasn't a terrible defense and they too improved it with free agency the year they won...