Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bucks-n-ducks

12/18-12/19 Report

3 posts in this topic

Fished Zippel bay over the weekend....Saturday was great fishing, Caught my 8 keepers in under 2 hours. Threw back 8 more little ones....nothing big, just good eaters:) Sunday was COLD, we had 3 guys in the group and managed a limit again nothing big, I did catch 3 about 18 inches, otherwise all the other keepers were 13-14 inches. This cold snap should make some drivable ice out of zippel for the xmas weekend.

B&D

Thanks for the report B&D. How thick was the ice??

I was at Zipple Bay yesterday and fishing was good. Jig O Bit and I caught 100 between the 2 of us with nothing big to report. We sure caught a lot of Saugers yesterday for being in 20 feet of water. Sauger size we kept was between 14-17 inches. Walleyes was between 14-18 inches. Other than for a group who drove by us 150 times on their ATV while we were fishing it was a great day to fish. The ice where my partner fished was 12 inches in 1 hole and 8 in the other. I was 75 yards away and I was fishing on 6 inches. There was a truck on the ice yesterday. With all of that wind and the varied ice levels we found NO WAY! The road out on Zipple was moved because of all the new cracks that formed because of the wind. With it being cold here for a couple days I would still say there is no way personally after seeing the ice thickness we found that I would drive a truck for awhile!