Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
dArKJ03ker

crappies and walleye lakes

dArKJ03ker

does anyone know any good lakes for walleyes and/or crappies. I used to fish a lot on constance but all of the fish are to small. Went one day last year to Ida and caught two tiny northerns. I like to go out on Buffalo during the summer but in the winter its to (Contact US Regarding This Word) crowded. If anyone knows if there are any good lakes around the wright county area i'd like to know. confused.gif

duckbill

Clearwater, Pleasant, Cedar, Twin/sylvia, Howard, Ramsey, Rock, Maple, Waverly, Pulaski, Deer, etc.......

Check out the DNR website. There are to many lakes to try that have both good walleye and crappie action if you spend a little time trying to find them. Some are better for walleye and some are better for crappie. Clearwater can be a fun lake to fish in the winter. A lot of structure in that lake.

Eckie

Hey Duckbill,

I'm moving to Howard Lake in the spring, and anxious to try Howard and Big and Little Waverly this winter. What's the easiest access for BW & LW? Can you get to one from the other via ice?

KB_24

There are two access for big waverly: both by the park on the southeast corner. there is one access for little waverly its on the south corner by the channel. LW is good for spearing and a occasional walleye But BW has about everything, a great bass lake in the summer and a very good walleye lake when they start bitting try by the softball field or bellow the cemetary. The two lakes are connected by a small channel and a 16 foot boat can go under the road when the water is high but by ice I would just park on the gravel road right by the channel and walk either to BW or to LW only a couple hundred feet apart. Good Luck

Eckie

Thanks for the info..I've read that LW has crappies..from your post, it seems this may not be too accurate. How is Howard for fishing?

duckbill

Howard is good for crappies and walleyes but I think the locals keep a pretty tight lip because they don't want it to turn into a Buffalo. Me included.

If you want some info I could do that off of this site.

Duckbill

Eckie

Thanks Duckbill, I definately hear that. My work email is gregory.eckman@wellsfargo.com. I've been up to LOW and URL this year in early December, and I'm anxious to explore the lakes around HL.