Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
moneytalksbsw

Big Winnie ice fishing shacks?

4 posts in this topic

I have been contemplating going to Winnie to do some ice fishing for walleyes and perch with my buddies. Does anyone know of some decent ice shacks (sleepers) that are rented out. Or is there cabins that have shacks available. Any information will be greatly helpfull. I have allready looked into Denny's resort and it seems reasonable. Thanks.

high banks is another great choice i have stayed at both and been extremely happy. If you do go to denny's ask for a rhonda special...

I really appreciate the info on Denny's and Highpoint. I may have to take them up on the offer about a rhonda special. Hopefully it doesn't get me in too much trouble, although I do have a buddy who is getting married next fall.UMM.

you canalso check with the pines and little winnie resorts they have the houses and cabins high banks is the only one with a sleeper right now that I know of

Jason

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Cret Jigs
          Probably fishing Blue Lake ... or green lake, I have caught my biggest crappies around Opening weekend.  Might give a cast or three for some walleyes but love to fish Bass now, super fun catching those big ones!!   I am mostly a catch n release guy but like a good pan fish meal and looking at getting a smoker!!  Bass ... always catch n release, especially in our metro lakes to keep fishing good.  Was shocked how many people were keeping bass in a local small lake last fall!!  Doesn't take long to wipe out a small body of water.  Some fisherman think they have to keep everything they catch!!  most phones have a good camera on them ... take a pic and release for good fishing future.   Again, its OK to have a meal ... just know what, where, and your species of fish and how spawn and body of water applies to the lake size, ect...    Cret
    • kayakfisherman
      Thanks, I'm excited about it too. I've fished those lakes and know for a fact that the existing maps are at best incomplete, and occasionally plain wrong. So I'm really looking forward to seeing what the data shows. 
    • kayakfisherman
      Not sure about KAXE , but WEVE from Virginia comes in. They are so bad, they are almost good! Their tag line was "Not too hard, and not too soft" to which I add "and not too good" If you want to hear schmaltzy drek from the 80's then tune in. 
    • Stick in Mud
      Very cool project.  I just got back from up there, and I'll be up again on another solo the first week of May.  I'll check back if I decide to enter near Ely.  
    • Cret Jigs
      Eyeguy - what size weight are you using at the Miss?  Are you using a bullet weight and a worm hook to hold your crawler?   Cret