• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

12/18-12/19 report from Pine

We got up to the LOW on Friday at about 5 pm. Saw all the ATV's/sleds/little SUV's driving around and we decided to go out on ATV and drag out our permanent house. When we got there at 5 it was about 30 degrees. I think by 8 am it had to have been at about -5 degrees. Not sure but it got way colder. Anyhow we fished in 23 feet of water off of Pine Island. The fishing sucked, 4 guys fished all day Sat. and Sunday until 11 am and I was the only one in our house to catch a fish. I caught 8 small walleye/sauger. Nobody else caught a fish. That just goes to show how good of a fisherman I really am. grin.gif Anyhow, people around us we talked to weren't catching squat either. We didn't work at it (moving around) because we were too busy drinking and playing poker all day. Where we were we measured the ice and had 11 inches of good solid ice. I did see a few pickups out there. I saw those little Suzuki's (SUV)everywhere. The resorts use them to pull houses out. I would say 95% of the people were using sleds and ATV's. There were 100s of permanent houses out over pine. With this cold snap there will be people driving full size vehicles everywhere by this weekend. We had a great weekend but the fishing was the worst I've ever had in Dec. That cold front shut everything down.

Sounds like you guys should have been looking at your bobbers instead of the bottom of a beer can. 12.8 is more like 8.12 Im back in the game baby....

You know (Contact US Regarding This Word) well it was at least 12#8oz. The plaque even says so. Don't give me any grief because I wouldn't give you any. I am glad you can finally post again.