• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St. Paul panfish lake??

Hi all. I'm going to be in St. Paul for Xmas Eve ans Xmas. I'm thinking of getting out for a few hours on Friday morning before the Vikes game. I'd like to be close.

Anyone have any suggestions for a decent panfish bite over there. I'll be in the area of Como, and anthing within 20 minutes of there, or so, would be great.

I'm not looking for specific hotspot, just a lake with potential. I'll do my own hunting.

Thanks.

climbmda, Owasso has about 15 trillion crappies in it. I've never fished it early ice, but I know late ice the things will hit nearly anything dangled under the ice.

Lake Johanna in Arden Hills has some nice sunnies in it if you can find them.

como has some pretty big crappies in it, but you have to get close to the aerator to get them. The crappies in owasso are all around 4", but people do catch some decent ones out of wabasso.

This is all new water to me. If anyone is interested in going out Friday morning, I'd love to link up for some fishing. Or if anyone had any tips they don't want to post, I can be emailed at [email protected].

Any ice reports on these lakes?

I was thinking of heading out to josephine friday morning for some eyes, then i might be going to turtle or owasso after that for some tip-up fishing at owasso or craps at turtle. Look for my car it is tan and has a FM sticker on the back. But all that depends on what time i am going to my uncles, if it is early i will just be fishing north center all day, propb with tip-ups next to the access, his house is the one right of the access

the best panfish bite i can think of within 20 min of como is bald eagle. cookie cutter 8.5 inch crappies

Bobb-O, let me know how you do on Island. I drive by this lake every single day on the way to and from work. I see the occassion boat and ice fisherman. Close to home for me and may be worth a shot if it holds nice crappie and eyes. Just post if you have any success or I may see you out there one day. I would have a black Dodge Dakota and a green Eskimo quick flip II

Just bumping this up to se if anyone is going to be out on Friday AM. Gonna be cold, but I haven't been out yet, so I gotta go. Might just do Como unless anyone else will be out in the area that wants to link up.

Later.