Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
crappiescout

fishing report / 12/19

11 posts in this topic

Just got off the lake and caught 7 beautiful slabs, and missed a few more. Fished around 3 miles out, measured the ice and there was a good 14 inches where I was fishing.Got a little scared coming off the ice due to a white out and 40 mph winds shocked.gif,I'm glad I had the GPS with. Gotta be careful out there.

crappieSCOUT

Thanks for the report. I'm looking forward to staying in one of your houses over new years weekend. I'm counting on you to find the fish, and put us on them, because I'm bringing my wife and kids up for their first time. Thanks again, Don

Hay Crappiescout, Are they driving on the lake yet? I can not wait to get up there on 12/22. This will be my first time to URL. smile.gif

grin.gifI drove my samurai all the way from the south shore to Hillman’s road yesterday, not a problem and I have been dragging our ice road out 2 miles with a F-150 4X4. I think it is good enough for smaller vehicles. Just remember, “ice no mater how thick is never safe!!”

Thanks For the Info Outsider. I will stop by The resort for more info on the way out.

crappiescout!!!! What and H--- are you doing? telling people were to fish!! Then not to be rude but takeing them out to the hot holes!!! Boy oh Boy wait untill CK gets to you!!!! Just thought I would add to c k's maddnes of that reducilus earlyer thing he put out on Jigglestick, Be nice don't fight He He just the old Snowshoe grin.gif

crappieSCOUT,

How's the ice coming? coming up and staying with you guy's at bear paws in one of the cabins. we are going to bring the wheelers up but do you think there will be enough ice by Dec 26th? Steve said you would put us on some fish let's hope they bite..... can't wait for them slabs. ooo.gif

We drove out with full size pickup out of Agassiz on Fri.

No problem except coming in a crack/heave opened up just out from shore. with the cold weather now this weekend should be in full swing unless any more cracks cause trouble

Yep some other people drove out too with out permission from the resorts and they ended up stuck and lost the front tire off thier new truck. It sure is alot of work to rescue people that drive too heavy too early confused.gif.......

Good point NINETOE! When I looked at the mangled remains of his truck at the repair shop yesterday it was a 1 TON! shocked.gif As far as I'm concerned both him and the person that told him it was O.K. to drive out there are lacking both in commen sense AND respect for what can happen on the lake if you do something stupid. He is just lucky he was in shallow water.

Well the worst thing is that nobody told him it was safe to go out there! With the very few to actually put a whole vehicle in the lake , you would think that would be enough to make people ask someone who knows the lake. That fri night there was 12-13 inches at the most and a pressure ridge to deal with! Now the road is screwed up for the resort owner.