Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
ReelTimes

Caribou, Nichols. Elora,

ReelTimes    0
ReelTimes

Just got back from a few days at LOW.Fishing was good although the cold front today definitely slowed things down. Wondering if anyone has any ice reports from Caribou, Nichols, and Elora Lakes. Thanks.

Northlander    72
Northlander

Reeltimes can you e-mail some info from your trip. I may head up next week. walleyes4me32 at aol dot com

ReelTimes    0
ReelTimes

You have mail.

I'llTakeWhatiCanGet    0
I'llTakeWhatiCanGet

Nichols has a foot. Not positive about the others, but i know that there's been machines on them for quite some time now. I think they should be driveable in the near future.

nunnu    0
nunnu

I was out on Caribou on Sunday and believe it or not there were 3 trucks out there along with some permanent shacks.

Nunnu

andy j    0
andy j

I was out on the pike and then caribou today, caught a bunch of perch on pike and got one eye and one crappie on caribou, pretty slow on caribou, anybody do well for crappies on caribou during early ice period? I did well during late ice out there. Any thoughts? Nunnu, how did you do? Later AJ

Jiffy    0
Jiffy

A friend of mine just got back from Elora and he said he could not keep the crappies of his hook. Of course no details on what part of the lake he was fishing! wink.gif

nunnu    0
nunnu

AJ,

I was out on Caribou at least 6 out of 7 evenings last week and did pretty poor. Ran into a couple of northerns. I had the lake looking like swiss cheese looking for them. I tried everything from 9 to 20 FOW. It's true that late ice is better, but I've never had this kind of luck in the beginning of the year. Anyday now they should start hitting. They're probably in the shallows and haven't made their way to that deep hole yet.

I'm hoping to get the big house out there sometime this week. Look for the house with the Finnish flag hangin off it.

L8R,

Nunnu

Lostit@theHole    0
Lostit@theHole

I was looking for Elora lake on the DNR lakefinder but i couldn't find it. Can anyonetell me where Elora is and maybe how to go about fishing it? Maybe just push me out in the right direction. Crappies sound pretty tasty. Good luck.

Surface Tension    265
Surface Tension

We all don't spell that one the same way. smirk.gif Try Leora on your search.

I'llTakeWhatiCanGet    0
I'llTakeWhatiCanGet

I'd probably try moving around the deep spot on that lake. I did hear that there were some decent sized crappies in there, but i've never fished it. I would imagine you'd have some luck over the deeper water though. Good luck

Animal    0
Animal

Lost it @ the hole:

Take Hwy 53 north of Duluth. When you pass the Nichols Lake Road sign start looking for Three Lakes Road on the right. There is a closed gas station on the corner. Take a right on the TLR and follow until it ends (2 miles) and it will T off. Turn right and you will see a lake on the left that is Dodo Lake. TLR will make a sharp left and follow to landing for Elora on right about 1/2 mile. As of Monday (12-20) there was 8 to 10 inches of ice so drive at your own risk. The secret crappie spot is located just to the left of the big.................

ReelTimes    0
ReelTimes

Thanks for all the great info guys.