• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Just wondering if anybody has fished Dutch Lake, just outside of Howard Lake, at all this year. In past years we've had pretty good luck with the late season crappies. I haven't seen anybody out there all winter. I know they're out there we'll just have to find them. I'll keep ya posted.

• 1 year later...

I spent a good part of afternoon on Friday and Saturday fishing this lake with mixed results.

All I did was motor upwind to the calm side of the lake and just drift real slowly to the other end. Along the way I was casting a slip bobber set-up. Friday was slower-only caught five crappies. Yesterday was a little better-probably caught in the neihborhood of about 15 - 25 crappies. With the colder temperatures the fish were pushed out into deeper water. All of the crappies were less than 8 inches, which didn't really surprize me, and all of them went back into the water.

It was still fun to find them.