• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

WELL, AFTER CHECKING ON QUITE A FEW SPOTS UP AND DOWN THE RIVER NEAR THE BLACK DOG POWER PLANT WE FINALLY LANDED ON SOME FISH AT THE WEST OUTLET. IT WAS SNAG CITY BUT THERES SOME NICE FISH IN THOSE ROCKS INCLUDING BIG SAUGERS. I WISH IT WOULD STAY 5:30 FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS!
FISHHEAD CLEANED MY CLOCK! AT LEAST 8-1 BUT I GUESS I HAD THAT COMING.
WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

When feeding most of the walleye sit in and around a ring of rip rap outside the washout hole.The key to fishing this spot is boat control.That is the ability for the boat operator to position the boat properly so as to make casts that will be retrieved with the current over or alongside this ring of rocks AND to prevent your fishing partner from making any decent casts.If your partner switches to a techniquw that you believe will out fish you or he is able to make casts to where the fish are holding,boat control again comes in to play.In this situation it is loss of boat control that is the key.Allow the boat to drift into the shallow water where the fish are holding and BANG it on the rocks thus spooking all the fish away!This will insure that you will catch more fish than your partner. grin.gifgrin.gifJust kidding
Although it did work last night it was unintentional.I do believe that DARK is a polite fisherman.I would have been crossing his line and tying bow ties.I will bet that he will suggest that we fish this spot from shore next time!!

Hi FishNChester
Well I was using a 1/8 oz orange and yellow jig with a 4" yellow powergrub,with one of those tiny little glass worm rattles stuck inside.
Most of the fish came from one particular spot.Make your casts on the upstream side of the current edge made by the washout.There is a ring of rip rap that is just under the water and they were sitting on top and just outside of it.Every time I have fished this spot that is where I got the majority of fish.We tried the spot earlier in the day but had no luck it was only at dark that we caught fish.
As you know,you had better bring lots of jigs with you!!If your not losing jigs you'll be losing fish.
Good luck and let us know how you do.

[This message has been edited by fishhead (edited 11-05-2001).]

Good to hear you found some fish! I was going to go try down there over the weekend myself, but didn't get the chance. What was working for you guys? I know the spot you're talking about... but I'll be fishing it from shore. Any tips?