• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

9-11-12- report???

smallie_hawgin

I thought it was 20" or over. OK only FM'ers. But I'll post or BM will post his pic if my non FM'er buddy gets one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mark Christianson

• Royce Aardahl

• BigMike

• HawgTide

To be considered a smallie magnet tourney, where the angler (We should limit it to FM'ers only, only fair since this is FM) with the biggest smallie takes the new title of smallie magnet there must be a minimum of 5 anglers to take the title.

For a mini-smallie magnet event is considered a 4 angler event (no more, no less). If an angler catches a 19+inch smallmouth during a mini-smallie magnet event, that angler takes the title of Smallie Magnet.

Understandable? So tomorrow EB & Company, HT & me will have a mini-smallie magnet event and if any one of us catches a 19+incher that angler gets the title. Then it's back to the non-tourney rules (20+ verified inches w/picture) to take the title. If no once nails a 19+ incher tomorrow, Smallie Hawgin' holds it until someone trumps him with a smallie larger than 20.5''.

This smallie magnet thing has really evolved this year!!! Maybe we should have a once a year event to crown the grand poopaa of smallies grin.gif - oh wait...the grand POOPaa is BLB!!!! grin.gif LOL!!!!

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

[This message has been edited by BigMike (edited 09-17-2004).]

I'll take a trophy for anything.
grin.gif
I am off to the north land.
See you guys and as much as it hurts to say......

Good luck!

Sounds like good ground rules to me. You are the origional magnet BM so you get to be the king of smallymagnetville with all nasty court proceedings going through you. ( I'm thinking blb will be trouble wink.gif) I got out from 4 till 6:30 today. boated 11 fish with this dandy 19 incher coming out of the edge of a fast running drop off. man o man what a fight. airborne 4 times!! notice the fully outstretched arm to get it in the view finder. greggles would be proud! life is tough! now I gotta get one over 20.5 and I can't get the 20. grin.gif

47b4d736b3127cceb69d802258ac0000001610

HT - that was a MONSTER bass! My crank bait was half the size of the little bugger! I thought I had a leaf on but when it got to the boat it was a 3.5'' SMALLie!

HT finally got his 19+incher! That was a beauty HT! I'm jealous because all I caught was my typical 15-16inchers...and the 3.5'' of course LOL!

We were laughing so hard when I got that thing to the boat!!

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

Nice fish fellas, er I mean HT.

It was real slow in our boat to. We did get a double header with a 16 and 15" fish. My buddy Rob (Mr First casts) got a 17" and we got some smaller ones, but that's it. Way slower than last weekend.

Hey, my fish has feelings too! LOL! That 3.5incher was hilarious and what was even more hilarious was that it hit on a 2.5'' crank! His lips were just big enough to get around the treble and he got all three in his lips! I couldn't believe it!

Fishing was A LOT slower for us. Oh well, some days are better than others. At least we caught some fish!

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

well I spose we could get a mini magnet for BM!! wink.gif what's up with the forum? lottsa stuff missing from the last couple days. Nice fish there hawgtide! hold tight to the magnet cuz we are all after it.

What was the weight on it HT?
Or did you forget the batteries were dead in the scale? grin.gif

I did replace the batteries, but didn't weigh it. Current was fast and didn't have time to dig through the box to get it. You know how it is.

According to BM, I don't get the magnet. frown.gif

I didn't say anything about HT getting it or not getting it. We'll let the posse decide. I think that 19.25'' is within the grounds of the smallie magnet mini-event rules outlined last week (19+ gets the smallie magnet title at a mini-event).

Eyeguy - I don't know if the mini-magnet is something to be proud of... sure is funny though! grin.gif

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

ya sure you betcha by golly der den don't ya know. uffda! better tell him he's the new magnet before he signs up for therapy grin.gif
P.S. I vote that the 19 inch works on all the events to move the title. what ya think? Still 20 or bigger inbetween.

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 09-20-2004).]

What about Riverrats 2 smallies at 21 inches this weekend?
Does an officially sponsored FM Get together dude with a 19.25" beat out an officially unsponsored 21" smallie?

We need an executive call.

On another note, I need another executive answer.
Is there any prize given to a guy that gives a part of his body to the river?
Today I donated a piece of my body(well, serveral pieces actually) to the ole Miss in the presence of a couple other FM'ers.
grin.gif
See that middle tooth on the smiley dude above? Well, I've got a gap in that location....

Sorry fellow FM'ers involved, I just seem to find it humerous in a small way. Laughter is the best medicine aint it?
cool.gif

Well here's BigMike's lunker. Notice how he is extending his arm to make it look bigger. Don't even try it, BM, we all know that trick!

47b4d739b3127cceb6872c4696ad0000001610

Here's how it's done...

47b4d739b3127cceb6872930d6410000001610

19.25 inches

[This message has been edited by HawgTide (edited 09-20-2004).]

What happened to posts from sunday? I'm getting the pics developed today so we'll see if I can post em they should be pretty good but you have to remember I fish alone so theres lots of one handed shots and bank shots next to my fishing rod

RR, from what i hear, the new site will be coming back soon. They temporarily switched back to the old site.

In order to verify your catch, I think you're going to have show me the rod that you used to measure it, and the exact spot where you caught it. grin.gif One day soon preferably.

Only if I get to ride in that bigbad jet of yours (since bm is to busy on the fm prostaff these days) lol jk bm I got the pics posted but the measuring one was to dark but we'll see what we can do about getting to the spot!

Yeah, the new should be back up any day now.

Hey RR - just because I'm "prostaff" doesn't mean anything, if anything since being designated as ps I haven't caught anything over 17.5''! frown.gif. It's gotta pay off sometime this fall. LOL.

If you get a chance to get out with HT or anyone else with a river rig, it's well worth it. You'll get to see parts of the river that you haven't explored or taken the time to hike to that might be well worth it - although it seems like you have all the access you need with those nice fish. We'll get out again before it gets too much colder - maybe this saturday. I am planning on heading out, just not sure where or if I'll be wading or not.

------------------
Mike
TJ Tackle Pro-Staff

RR, I'll take you out one day soon. This week looks bad for now(maybe Friday), but I think next week works.