• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Montisippi launch?

panolo

Hey fellas.. How is the launch? I plan on floating down to Ellingson or Kadler Monday or Tuesday. Even with my flat bottom I don't think I will make it back up. Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

Which launch? I'm guessing you mean Montissippi? That launch is fine, you won't have any problems. Ellison is fine too. I've heard that you should have 4-wheel drive if you are going to try Kadler Ave.

I floated from Montissippi to Ellison on Sunday last week. I would recommend floating and picking up downstream. There is a stretch that would be difficult to navigate without giving your favorite prop repair guy a little business.

Another ramp to consider is River Terrace RV Park. $4 or $5 charge, but might be worth it for the added security if you vehicle will be there all day. Kevin

Thanks KT. Never thought of talking to Gary over there. Added security is a big thing for me after my truck got hit for a $6,000 pop last year at the Clearwater launch.

I hear that. Last year i had a friend meet me at the landing just upstreem from the otsego park. Some nucklehead pushed his car with their truck way into the woods. probbably drunk kids. someone needs to teach them some respect. I'd do it if I knew who they were!