Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Navigator

muskies

7 posts in this topic

I'm getting them any-where from Clearwater to Brainerd....and I'm fishing for smallies! Follows and strikes are coming from just about everything, even shad raps. Nav

------------------
Jon Navratil
Navigator Guide Service
www.naviguides.com
Central MN rivers & lakes

I have a map that shows a spot for muskies near Dayton. Could this be?

Where is the best spot on the mississippi to fish for muskies. I have seen some in-fisherman and angling edge shows where there on the mississippi catching muskies but I don't where they were fishing.

I've not heard of them being that far down river,although I'm certainly. They are as far down river as Clearwater, so who know's. Not much help ,just a little 411.

------------------
M. Mike

I pound the water pretty hard from Clearwater to Dayton with Buzz & Spinner baits. I'm not saying the 'Skies ain't there, but in 18yrs of fishing...I've never caught one.
Without going into detail, you may want to try above Sartell.

Iv seen muskies caught in the mississippi in fridley, so they are at least that far down river.

If they're in the Fridley area then they must've gone over the falls? Or maybe they wandered upriver from somewhere else?

I'd love to try to catch them in the Fridley area that you say you've seen them. Can you direct me toward that point? I wanna catch Muskie!