Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Royce Aardahl

What are the odds?????

4 posts in this topic

So I'm fishin with smallie-hawgin and I pitch a black plastic behind a rock and wham, a nice fish pulls it off the hook. I then put on a watermellon and pitch it behind the same rock. 5 seconds later, wham. I fight it for a couple seconds and off it goes. I real in and I have half the watermelon plastic left on my hook. I trake it off and I put another black plastic on and go for strike # 3. Wham, it hits again and after a nice fight I have my hands on a nice 17 incher. I release the fish and look at the bait to check it and the black plastic went up the line a bit and the 3 inch piece from the watermelon I threw a few mintutes earlier that the fish bit off was stuck ON THE HOOK!!! Good thing I had a wittness cuz I don't think I would even believe it smile.gif

Great story - the best part is that you got that bugger! Sorry that it took 3 senkos to do it, but still, you got the last laugh! You should really look into using rubber rings on your senkos! They really help save those price sticks of plastic (man, why couldn't I have invented the senko LOL). You can usually get at least couple fish per ringed senko and then rig it wacky for a couple more fish and then t-rig if you get desperate for a couple more fish on the same bait (Wacky is the best presentation though for the moving current in my opinion).

I've got some o rings from some expandable broadheads that look like they will work.

o rings are really great for senko type baits. I usually fish with the ring first, then go wacky if the lure is still in tact and then t-rig. On thing you may want to do is pre-rig a bag or more of senkos with o rings then when they've had enough punishment throw them in a bag and put on a new senko with o ring. Then when you have some downtime between spots or whatever, take off the o rings and fish all of those used senkos wacky. When you do this you can keep on the fish when it's really hot and won't waste a few seconds here and there messing with threading new o rings or taking them off used senkos.