Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• Announcements

• Rick

Members Only Fluid Forum View   08/08/2017

Fluid forum view allows members only to get right to the meat of this community; the topics. You can toggle between your preferred forum view just below to the left on the main forum entrance. You will see three icons. Try them out and see what you prefer.   Fluid view allows you, if you are a signed up member, to see the newest topic posts in either all forums (select none or all) or in just your favorite forums (select the ones you want to see when you come to Fishing Minnesota). It keeps and in real time with respect to Topic posts and lets YOU SELECT YOUR FAVORITE FORUMS. It can make things fun and easy. This is especially true for less experienced visitors raised on social media. If you, as a members want more specific topics, you can even select a single forum to view. Let us take a look at fluid view in action. We will then break it down and explain how it works in more detail.   The video shows the topic list and the forum filter box. As you can see, it is easy to change the topic list by changing the selected forums. This view replaces the traditional list of categories and forums.   Of course, members only can change the view to better suit your way of browsing.   You will notice a “grid” option. We have moved the grid forum theme setting into the main forum settings. This makes it an option for members only to choose. This screenshot also shows the removal of the forum breadcrumb in fluid view mode. Fluid view remembers your last forum selection so you don’t lose your place when you go back to the listing. The benefit of this feature is easy to see. It removes a potential barrier of entry for members only. It puts the spotlight on topics themselves, and not the hierarchical forum structure. You as a member will enjoy viewing many forums at once and switching between them without leaving the page. We hope that fluid view, the new functionality is an asset that you enjoy .
Sign in to follow this  
NELS-BELLS

Sartell/Rice Smallies

NELS-BELLS

I was out last night and had one of the best smallmouth outings that I can remember. smile.gif The last hour of light was the most productive as the mayflies were getting thick and the smallies were surfacing all around me. The Tiny Torpedo got a workout. I was very impressed with the size of these fish. The average was 17" and the largest went 20". Smallmouth on a surface lure...it doesn't get much better than that and they are all still there to fight another battle.
Unfortunately what would have been a perfect evening was spoiled by some kids who decided to key/scratch the side of my truck at the landing in the county park north of Sartell.
The big question is why.
Oh well, I'm not going to let it ruin my memory of the fantastic smallmouth fishing I had.

Nels

BigMike

Nels - that sounds like an awesome night. I was talking with some of the guys that made it up to Sartel this last Sunday for an informal get together & BBQ and their pictures & numbers were unreal! I am definitely impressed with the quality and quantity of fish up on that stretch... now if I can only find time to get up there and wade around and catch some 20inchers of my own!

With the mayflies out, topwater is going to be awesome. Torpedos worked pretty good for us down around Elk River this weekend too! Massive explosions always get the blood pumping. BAM, pause, set the hook! FISH ON!

Sartell Angler

glad you had a good time on the topwater smallies...pretty hard to beat that. sorry to hear about your truck. too bad you couldn't catch the little SOBs in the act.

s.a.

Mark Christianson

I need a RiverPro.

And also keep my current rig.
The wife says no. frown.gif

Royce Aardahl

I need a 20 incher smile.gif

BigMike

I need a riverpro AND a 20''! cool.gif

wheelierida

I can't afford a riverpro, but the rockhopper on my johnson 15 dose the trick, going out right now, hope to catch a 20"

Royce Aardahl

I went and walked the shoreline from 6:30 till 8. Got 5 on the senko thing. 2-16, 2-17 and a nice fat 18. I still snagged up 3 times and had to break the line so I'm gonna try the fusion line with the senkos. No boats under the Sauk Rapids bridge for a while. The steel path now goes all the way across. I'm gonna try wade a spot south of town tonight. Somebody warm it up out there!!

BigMike

Eyeguy, I'd love to wade that section if you are ever looking for a partner. BigLakeBa$$ keeps telling me to get my rear up there and start wading - I just have no clue where to start or even access it. Maybe I could make the run up some evening after work if I knew in advance - if not, it's on my list of spots left to hit on the weekends between now and when the eyes on my rod start to freeze up (hopefully not that late in the season!!!).

Congrats on the nice smallies! Consistant fish in that size range are a blast! I'm jealous!

Royce Aardahl

Yowzer!! what an evening!! Thank you Lord!! I ventured south late in the afternoon and got permission from a landowner to walk through her property to fish the river. I worked over a stretch about 1/3 mile long. 24 smallies landed with 3 18ers. I had probably 7 or 8 others spit my mepp in the air. 3 bonus northerns with 2 at 27 inches. I am BEAT!! Time for the Aleve bottle to open up. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

BigMike

Wheelier - how did you do? It got chilly last night! Hope you brought a jacket.

Royce Aardahl

Big Mike it would be fun to meet you up here sometime and wade. I just ordered a bunch of yum zingers to use cuz I can't afford senkos. send me your phone # to roycea@simonson-lumber.com. Bow season is here soon so if not this year for sure next. smile.gif

BigMike

Eyeguy, you've got mail cool.gif! Those senkos do get really expensive and the yum dingers are definitely cheaper, even if only by a couple bucks. But you've gotta have'em! It's been funny to see you move from a "mepps man" to a "senkos man" LOL. Just think, 2 weeks ago, you were missing out one of the best presentations for river smallies! I read your story about the ripped senko that ended up on your hook after you landed that bugger smallie...LOL! At least you had the satisfaction of catching him and a funny story to boot.

Royce Aardahl

I'm still a mepps man but this senko type lure is really fun. I now have a split personality smile.gif

[This message has been edited by eyeguy54 (edited 08-23-2004).]

BigMike

for senko/yum dinger type baits, I usually always have a watermelon, black, & pumpkin color readily available. Some of the variations I like are watermelon with red or black flakes. Black with red flakes. Pumpkin with black flakes or with a chartreuse tail. I also like purples/smoke with flakes & puke green color with red &/or black flakes is another AWESOME color but is the best on the lake vs. river. For the river, the 4inchers work the best in my opinion, but you will undoubtedly catch some bigger fish with a 5inch.

Yum Dingers are cheap alternatives that you get get pretty much anywhere. Another great alternative are the Case Magic Stiks. I used them when I went out with Dan Wood a few months ago and they are awesome!

NELS-BELLS

You mention Yum dingers, I'd like to try those for smallies. What color would you recomend for the river?

Nels