• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mississippi Point Park

This morning I went to Peninusula Point Park for the first time. This is a very nice park. Very clean.

It was also my first time fishing on Mississippi. I was only fishing on shore and didn't catch anything. Actually I haven't caught anything yet using artifical bait. What can be the problem? Technique? Location? Lure itself?

[This message has been edited by pt0093 (edited 07-02-2004).]

Are you talking about the park north of the rivers edge bar?

Sorry, it is called Peninsula Point Park (north of the twin cities by 169)

There is a dam upstream in downtown anoka on the rum that I have fished a couple times and did very well on small mouth bass. Was using small curly tail grubs. I would give that a try.

pt0093 is talking about Peninsula Point Park where the Rum River meets the Mississippi River. I've been meaning to check it out myself but have yet to do so.

At the Anoka Dam, where were you fishing? The upside or the downside of the dam? During the early fall season you can catch some keeper/fillet size smallies on the upside of the dam with a cast and retrieve method. They'll bite just about anything at that time.

I was fishing the downside of the dam. Off of the floating dock they have down there. There is also another fishing platform downstream from there.

I've fished the park 4 times. Twice we got a couple of redhorse, and smallies only hit for us once - late summer on the Rum River side.

Rob

What Aquaman01 didn't tell you guys is that the music and fireworks was great though.

Sorry bud couldn't help myself

• 2 weeks later...

I'd give redtail chubs or leeches a try this time of year. May help, good luck! Also if you walk upstream on the Miss towards the 169 bridge, there is a long narrow culvert or buried cable that they surrounded with rock, this acts as a wingdam and breaks the current, they may be holding on the upstream or downstream side of that. It should be just up from where the floating dock/pier is, and may be visible with the current water level. Good Luck

[This message has been edited by SgtCaesarfishinguy (edited 07-14-2004).]