Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishinFix

Sartell Area

5 posts in this topic

I need some advice for this area. I have never been there so I don't even know where to launch. Is there alot of underwater hazards? Any advice would be great.

Thanks
Andy

FishinFix, if you want to fish above the dam, use the access on the east side of river, a mile or two north of the paper mill. Also, I beleive the County Park 5 miles north of Sartell on the west side also has a landing. I can't help you below the dam.

As for hazards, above the dam is almost lake-like. Has a few bouys marking bars, etc., but you can easily boat quite a ways up river. You'll have to scout out areas. You'll get a rock or brush snag here or there, but it isn't that bad. The walleyes are small, and the rock bass are as big as they are ugly. While I don't fish for them much until fall, you can target shoreline structure for smallies. There are crappies, northerns, some muskies,etc. Oh, and the cats. Plenty of them sometimes. Good luck.

MuleSkinner

Thanks for the reply

there are very few hazards until after the bridge in Rice.

A good spot to try is where Little Rock Lake enters the river.

There's a lot of pleasure boaters on the river, too. I've found the wakeboarding crowd to be pretty respectful.