Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dewoutdoor70

walleyes bye monti

10 posts in this topic

can anyone tell me where are some spots to fish on the mississippi bye mont for eyes,and does anyone eat them out of there,i know some good lakes,but would like to try the river

I've heard of some guys getting into some walleye up there, but nothing specific. I'm only up there to chase smallies!

I'm already charging up the smallie magnet for opener - might be up there wading on opener.

I used to catch a few walleyes just South of Big Oaks Park on the Sherburne County side. It is now called bridgeview or something like that. If you can get there, it could be worth your time.

anyone

I think most guys on this site that fish that area, are chasing after those darn bronzebacks.....

I am one of them.

anyone else have any luck,i just want to catch some, wont eat them out of there

I caught 10 yesterday (Mon.) between River Terrace (trailer park/campground) and the HWY 25 bridge on the Monti side of the river.

And I wasn't even trying for Walleyes.

They were real close to shore in the eddies...4-6 feet of water.

I kept two 16" fish and ate one last night.

So far I'm still alive and I haven't grown a 3rd eye or a tail yet. I read that it's not recommended to eat more than one meal of river fish per week.

I have gotten good fish near Clearwater. I fish all the eddy's and holes. There are a couple upstream that have been good. Most have come on a lindy rig but I have also caught a few on tubes. I don't fish the high water much but the eddy's should not be hard to spot. There is also a couple of nice holes just north of the CLearwater river access. I also use a no snag sinker on all of my bottom rigs. Don't lose as many that way.

sounds great, will give it a go on saturday,thanks ya all