• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Are the smallies going?

basmastermatt

Hey there BAssmastermatt - I've checked out your website, looks pretty awesome. I'll drop you an email sometime soon. As for my neck of the woods, I was wading up around Monticello on Monday and had a ok day. 9 bass, 3 (17-19inchers, 3 (14-15) and the rest were pocket bass as Ebass would say (bass that fit in your pocket) LOL. The current was really strong on Monday and the most of my action came from two extremes: buzzbaits, spinnerbaits & inline spinners buzzed across or near the surface OR jigs & spinnerbaits hopped and rolled over the rocky bottom. Surprisingly tubes only produced two big catfish for me.

Last week on Pool 2 I got my first skunko in a couple months. The action down there has been hot up until last week and then it died out quick. They finally started letting the water down from above the Ford dam and the water levels have been on a big rise down on Pool 2 (up a foot last week from the week before) plus I saw last night that the MN river is WAY up (up 15 feet in Jordan) from a month ago so I'm sure that is pushing into pool 2 and adding to the rising water levels - but it sure did turn the fish off. I may get down there this week on a evening after work to test out the waters again.

As for getting out to Waconia - I wish I could get out there sooner than later, but I have stuff going on pretty much all week and next weekend I'll be helping Dan Wood prefishing a LETS Metro event on June 12th. I think this sun is going to push the bass into spawn asap - I'm bummed that I'm going to miss some of the action!

Matt, The smallies are awesome right now. Had a great weekend, even though the weather sucked.

I don't think there's any way to use your Ranger up around Monti. I banged my old boat (16ft aluminum)up there last year and had to get a jet boat to get around.

I will be in Alabama this weekend for a Bass Tourney, but anytime after that is great. Are you weekday only, or do you have the weekends too?

• 6 months later...

The two areas that i know of that larger rigs can run here in st.cloud is from the dam in sartell north to a little south of the rice bridge without much of a problem. i have been able to idle up from the rice bridge in the ranger i have, but i don't think it is wise to run it. also, most of the stretch from royalton north. they are two differnt stretches with a dam between the two stretches in royalton.