• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cats near Monti

iceguy75

Anyone know of any good areas for a newbie to try and find some cats around the Monticello area?

I believe the Montissippi Park is a good spot. Ask Aquaman01 that's his home stretch.

Aquaman01 give a call on when and where bud.

Iceguy

Do you have a boat, thats good on the Upper Mississippi? Anything 14 foot shallow V hull with a short shaft motor will work great. Jon Boats are even better. If you don't Ellison Park right in Monticello fishing off shore can be good for catfish and bass. And Montisippi Park west on Cty Rd 75 can is good for cats and walleyes right downstream of the fishing pier. If you have a boat I could point you to even more spots.

Before I had a boat I spent many a night at the parks in Monti. I caught alot of nice catfish using dip bait. I do not think you can go wrong in any of those areas.

where are some good spots for walleyes around the monti area on the miss

The shore between the Monticello Bridge and Big Oaks Park on the Sherbourne County side, I believe most of this area is now called Bridgeview. It is all residential now, but if you can get to the water there are several good locations in that stretch which include a decent drop off where we used to catch walleyes and a big shallower "bay" where the catfish would bite.