Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

• RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE

You know what we all love...

When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Mongro02

Anyone fish Coon Rapids Dam in the Winter?

Mongro02

I here there's some good fishing at the dam in winter? Anyone know...

I've ice fished the CR Dam area a few times. Some nice crappies in that area. Walleyes and pike are caught often too. Ice can be iffy in a lot of spots though so be really careful if you head out that way. The arm holds fish as well as the top side where the river access is. Crappies will school by the fishing overhang/ramp but ice doesn't get too thick and sometimes there is open water. I was out there in the middle of winter last year and only founf maybe 4 inches of ice. The ice can change rather quickly too in that area with the moving water that is present.

Good Fishin,
Matt

------------------
MJ5fishing@hotmail.com
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum

metro 1

We use to fish it when I was a kid with a canoe,in the late season.Jan.Feb.below the dam.I brought a swim mask down one time and put it in the water looking for fish ,I didn't notice much until the tail of a walleye moved .Then I was looking closer and the whole concrete spill-way was full of them.You couldn't have shoe horned another one in there.Quite an eye opener and the river fishing is always good,I think.Metro

Where's the best place to access the dam for open water fishing?

Riverratpete

Anybody been doing anything at the dam lately?

I saw a guy and his two very young kids walking on the ice and drilling holes on the Brooklyn Park side below the dam. Pretty scary taking 2 kids under 12 out there if you ask me. I didn't see them catch anything. Do people eat fish out of there? Seems like there would be alot of pollution.