• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Aitkin Action

Mike W

Got a chance to spend a couple of hours on the river north of aitkin last weekend. That was all it took to put a nice limit of walleyes in the boat. Trolling shad raps threw one of the deeper holes. It maxed out at 7'.
The action was pretty good with boating about a dozen eyes and 2 northerns by myself in those two hours. Fish size was not as big as last year. All where between 10" and 18".
The river is still very low. Banged up the motor on the way back down river.

Back in Aitkin again over the weekend. Managed 2 days of fishing this weekend. The results where about the same. 18 eyes and a half dozen norhterns in a couple of hour on saturday. 28 eyes and 16 norhterns on sunday. The bite was a little slower on sunday due to the bright skys so it took us a few hours to catch them.
The size of the fish are still way down. 14 to 16" is common. None over 20". Biggest northern went about 33".
The river took its toll on my prop again this weekend. It has a nice chunk out of it now. Ouch.

Ouch is right, well in the winter you can get the prop repaired. I now have two I need to bring in. I think it's 50 or 75 bucks. Depends where you go.

I'm sure there are a lot, but off the top of my head Twin City Outboard in Shakopee. They may have to send it out. Should take a week to get it back all brand new looking. You can even get the skag repaired if needed. I think that's 175.