Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aquaman01

Snuffy's Landing?

5 posts in this topic

Can anybody tell me anything about this spot in Becker? I'm gonna be working in Becker soon and want to have an 'after-work' spot. How do I get there, what's it like, etc.

My trade is the best ways I've found to fish the fishing pier at Montissipi Park.

The outside downriver side of the pier is where you want to station yourself, and, facing downriver try to get your cast just into the main current off the end of the longest out-hanging tree branches. If you get it there, tight-line and pop-pop until the weight comes to rest directly out from the fallen tree trunk.

I've pulled a 28" channel out of that spot and seen two more mid to high twenties come out of it. In the spring it's a smallie hole when the water is lower & slower.

Upriver from the pier is where the northerns & smallies like to play, just inside the main current break, just upriver (10') from the launch ramp.

Thanks in advance -

Rob

Rob, I'll PM or call you with info. We still need to hook up for a smallie trip B4 season over.

Thanks, Kevin! My cell # is 763-300-1448

Rob

Going west on Hwy 10, turn left on Rte 8, which is just about even with the turn for Becker Furniture World. Go about a mile and turn left on 115th Ave (rte 53). Just follow that road, it will turn into a dirt road with lots of trees. When it opens up, you will turn right to go down to the river. There are lots of wading/rocky areas there. Good fishing all around there.

Thanks a lot, HawgTide! I appreciate it.

Rob