Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Navigational Update - Montissippi down to Hospital

5 posts in this topic

A friend of mine, and myself, were out in his new RiverPro on Sunday, fishing just south of your location.The smallies were a bit sluggish, but we managed a couple nice ones on buzzers. We traversed the river just fine in that boat, no problems at all.That has to be the funnest boat for the river I have ever had the pleasure to fish in.Water levels seem normal- I have seen the river a lot lower than it is right now.

While I was at the Montissippi Park pier I saw a few folks launch, go downriver for 30 or 45 minutes, and come back - looking p.o.ed or nervous or both. Three small prop boats and 2 jet-skis all came back saying that the areas up and down river from the hwy.25 bridge was unpassable (worst report) or very tricky (best report). There's a park by the hospital in monticello that a person could launch at to go upriver and possibly make it to the bridge. People who went upriver from the park had no complaints upon returning, about navigation, that is.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

We towed a small prop back up river to 'sippi park, Sat AM. Seems the rocks were hungry. The river seems to drop Friday PM and rises Mon AM.

Rman, You must have been with Dave, in his LoPro?

BTW, Fished a bass tourney Sun 6-22-03. Team RiverPro took 1st place. 8 smallies, 19.06 lbs. White Buzzers.

In Brainerd this AM. Headed back to MO today.

Rman -
If that was a beige (white?) hi-pro I saw ya go by.

Kevin -
Sorry I missed ya! We got to Montissippi around 1 or 2 or so on Saturday.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Kevin, yep, I was with Dave for a couple of hours. He told me about someone he knew of fishing the tourney, but didn't mention your name. What a small world it is.I think the hull of Dave's boat is a steel blue color.That boat sure is a blast to fish out of.You will be seeing me fishing with Dave for sure in the near future. Aquaman, we didn't go that far up the river where you were at. I should of said we were downriver from you,rather than south( not too many fish in the parking lot of the high school) grin.gif. I stopped by Montisippi Park today, and the fishing pier is under water up by the shore. It looked like the water is rising from all the rain up north.