• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Walleye Bite Little Falls South

Tour. Pro 175

I was wondering if anybody has been fishing Walleyes on the river S. of Little Falls in the last week. I had excelent fishing on Memorial weekend, pulling crankbaits in 10-12 ft. Last weekend was much slower after the cold front on Fri. Looking forward to getting out again this weekend any info would be great

Welcome! I'm making my first venture out there this weekend myself. Thanks for the depth & lure tip.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

I fished the river on Sat. and Sun. only a couple of hours each day, chores around the house took top priority this weekend. Sat. evening we pulled crankbaits again in 10-14 ft. and found good success boating 9 Walleyes four in the 16"-18" range the rest smaller also some nice smallmouth with the largest being a 19.5" that took my four and a half year old son some time to get in. Sun. the Walleyes did'nt really go for our crankbait offerings, we switched to a jig and redtails and fished some of the rock piles and as long as our redtails held out we had success. Its hard to get these minnows but as far as I am concerend they are the best minnow you can use on the river. The water temp. was 67 degrees. I am always amazed at the number of small walleyes in this system I often wonder if they ever grow up I know they do but why don't the bigger ones show up on the end of my line as often as these little guys. The old saying go's big bait big fish somebody forgot to tell these 10" walleyes that are inhaling my 6" redtails and crankbaits this.