• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Opener Weekend

Aquaman01

My son (4) and I headed 'up north' (Osakis area) for a traditional opener weekend, and had mixed results. Friday shore-fishing panfish was great. Our new mantra is "where to go, and what to throw" followed with a high-5. Saturday we took my inadequately equipped boat out on a small lake and got nothin' but cold & cranky. Hung up the boat and went back to our shore-spot for more sunnies and some LM Bass as well as a nice northern that we lost in the cat-tails.

Sunday, however, found us on the banks of The Missy putting crawlers on the bottom seeing what might come out to play. Our best fishing was that afternoon - a dozen or so rod-bending, drag-ripping carp & suckers, a nice smallie and a beast of a bowfin wearing it's spring plumage of neon-green fins. Fun Fun Fun!

Is the first sign that you are a river-rat a case of the "screw-its" when ya think about lake-fishing? I think it's time to start selling plasma to save up for that River Pro.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Glad to hear you did well on the panfish. Now that you're back we should hit the Minnesota river. That's were I went this weekend and the river gods seem to like me. The trout lords didn't seem to think the same though. I also would rather be on the river throwing crawlers than most lakes. I also got the ride in the RiverPro and met Dennis and Sam.

Right on! Ya gonna sell yer rig & buy a RiverPro now?

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes