Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mr Special

Mississippi Point Park

15 posts in this topic

Aquaman01,
Mississippi point park is right on the southeast side of the 169 bridge in the city of Champlin. Where are you located, it sounds like it might be awasys for you? I just work down the road from there so it a good spot after work. Give it a few weeks and you can catch anything from carp to walleyes and smallmouths there.

Good luck

I work about 10 minutes from there, and live 40 minutes the other way. I think I'll check that out. Thanks.
93rd Ave in Maple Grove has a park with a creek running through it that has produced crappies in the past as they move from lake to lake. Haven't seen anyone out yet, though.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{
"I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

That's Elm creek, it runs out of Rice lake. That can be a very good spot but I believe Rice lake had a bad winter kill two years ago. Three or more years ago it was a great lake for crappies, sunnies, bass and northerns. In the spring and fall there would be people shoulder to shoulder at the lagoon near the aerator. I've tried a couple of times since and nothing but little sunnies. I work just off of 169 and Brooklyn Blvd so it pretty close. If weather permits we should hit the park next week. Bring beer and I'll show you spots.

Good luck

Weather permitting - yer on! Not Wednesday or Friday - got commitments. E-mail RobertC@fishingworks.com

Peace and Fishes,

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

Went down to Mississippi point park yesterday, but didn't fished due to the wind was right in our faces. Did see a blue heron poach a 10" walleye right from the lagoon area. Then we went to the rum river dam, the wind was calmer, the current was strong. caught one sucker and one crayfish. Not great but nice to cast again.

Good luck

HiYa Mr. Special,
Mississippi Point Park? Where's that? I'm always looking for shore spots. I'll be trying Crow...sumthin...Park 4 miles south of Buffalo after the weather nices up again.

Hit a shore spot in Otsego last night - 1 carp. Nice to fish.

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

My reply to your mail didn't go through. I'll try again. You got the right RobertC!

------------------
Aquaman
< )/////><{

Good to hear your the same Man. I was wondering where RobertC went. We usually get off at 4:00 or 5:00. Picking up bait won't be a problem either. Just straight up the road from my work are to bait shops in Osseo. Ones at the Ace Hardware store and the other is at Osseo Express gas station, but he doesn't have his minnow tank yet its fairly new.

phillip_sengchanh@silentknight.com

Aquaman01,
My buddies and I were thinking of going this thursday after work. Does that work for you?

Let me check. I'll get back to ya tomorrow.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Yup - I'm clear. I'll try to e-mail you before thursday and if it doesn't work, I'll post here again.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Aquaman01,
If you didn't get my email just wanted to say that we were thinking of heading out at 4:00 on thursday. Did you want to meet at the park and if you need directions post back? Like last week if the park doesn't look good we could go to the dam at the Rum or just figure something out.

It was a great night to be out drinking, I mean fishing. Yes we diffinetly have to take the kids out. How did you end up doing last night?

Had fun last night! You & your buddies are a good bunch. We should hook up again, and maybe get our kids together. You know how to reach me.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes

Got too dark. After feeding a couple of tackle-eating trees I called it a night.

------------------
Aquaman
<')}}}}}><{
Peace and Fishes