Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mistermom

Are you a dad yet?

10 posts in this topic

Let us know Mr. Wells. Good Luck!

mm

I was wondering the same thing. I'll try him at work.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

Yes I am. Zachary Paul Wells was born Sunday 1:06 pm December 1. He is 8 lbs 13 oz 21 1/2 inches long and perfect. Talk about a rush. Here is a difficult transition to fishing. Have you been out? Maybe we can plan an outing? I really have to emphasize planning now, but with a good heads up I could probably drill some holes and drown some minnows.

Congratulations!
Wow! Big healthy guy! I like the name too. Maybe Robert C, you, and myself can get out sometime before Christmas. You pick a lake/backwater and a time and we'll see if it works. Get sleep when you can and enjoy!

Joel

I'm game. My neighbor said I can borrow some of his rods. I'm curious to see what it's like to pull a fish from a hole. Erik has my e-mail, here it is for you, Mistermom.

RobertC@fishingworks.com

and then I'll send you my e-mail at work

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

I have a house (4X6) vexilar, heater and gas auger and pleanty of rods and a few tipups. Let's pick a date and go. Zachery is a great baby and my wife is in love. I think I can pull it off.

Possibly the weekend of the 21st I could get out for a morning or afternoon. Erik what do you think about Elk or Blue? I'll e-mail you this afternnon Robert.

mm

I fished elk last year a few times with little success. I managed 1 18 inch walleye in two trips. The DNR sight shows good numbers of fish but I must not know the lake well enough. I also fishd elk in the summer and fall by boat and was skunked. I have caught some nice bluegills on Blue and some northerns. I am game for anything. Have you ever fished martin? Martin has treated me a lot like elk. I graph fish but have little success. Have you ever fished julia/briggs? My brother generally does ok on those lakes. Plenty of time to figure out where to go. Just thought I would throw out some thoughts. Have you heard from Robertc? I think he would fish in a barrel if that was the only option.

If I didn't know for a fact that the barrel was empty - I'd fish it.
I'm good for 21st for a 1/2 day or so. My Mom & niece fly in from Vermont afternoon of the 22nd, so 22nd is out, and I'll need to be home at a reasonable hour 21st, so I can make my house look like nobody lives there 8 days a week before my Mom shows up. I'm game for Friday night, too, if that's an option.

Glad Zach is a great baby.

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC

I did fish Martin twice last year and caught a few small walleyes and a nice size crappie ice fishing. Open water I got skunked. I'd be willing to try Martin again. I think the place to go is on the NE end straight out from where the river runs out. I'd also try Blue. I thought we should make it close for you so in case you got to get home quick you can... My baby is yelling got to go. Later.

mm