Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
flytyer

Great Forum!

4 posts in this topic

Just registered on to the bulletin board and found this forum. Good discussion on smalllies and walleyes on the river. A special thanks to Navigator and others who share fishing information and techniques.

I fish the stretch between Elk River and Monticello quite a bit. Spin, cast and fly fishing. What a wonderful resouce this upper Mississippi is!! And to think that many people in this country can only dream about fishing here. I feel very fortunate to live where I do and to enjoy the river.

Thanks again for all of your posts,guys!

( Did the weatherman just say something about below zero temeratuures? BRRRRRRRRRR! I'm ready for spring! )

flytier
It is a great stretch of water!
Sunday December 1st I finally broke past the 21 inch Smallie mark.
I have been like a excited little kid, just trying to explain to others how many years it has taken me to catch and release such a fish. The wife thinks Im nuts!
This Fall has been enjoyable and the quality of fish keep getting better year after year.

Its tough to think about ice fishing when you have a river on your brain.

Welcome to FM guys! I do most of my fishing on the Minnesota River SW of the cities but I have caught my fair share of "Mississippi River North" Smallmouth. It is without a doubt a premiere fishery up there...Hope to make it up again sometime next season.

WET NETS!

------------------
cast,cast,cast,cast......

Welcome - both ya'll!!
I haven't taken a boat in the Miss yet, but I've had good fun shore-fishing at Orono. I live in that area, and I intend to fish it LOTS when I have a motor that will do the job. My boy is 4, and I want to raise him on The River.
I bet one of those powerful river Northerns are a blast on a flyrod!!

------------------
<)/////><{
RobertC