• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Otsego WMA-Rice lake

I saw this on the dnr rec compass, went for a drive looking for it, but could not find it. The way it looked on the rec compass, I thought it would be easy but it wasn't.

Has anyone been to this WMA? If so, could you help me with the directions?

Thanks in advance

Ole

You won't be hunting that spot very long before the CO, or Wright County Sheriff shows up. It is against city ordinance to hunt/discharge a firearm in the eastern part of the city.That land is in close proximity to new developments that are going in, so complaints will get called in.Any questions- call Otsego City Hall, or the Wright County Sheriff's Office.And yes, I do live in that area, but not where the WMA is.

[This message has been edited by Huskiedevle (edited 10-07-2004).]

I wouldn't have hunted it if that's the case. Not all WMA's are open to public hunting and I do know that, but thank you for the info.

Ole

If you go into the recreation compass and click on info then click on the rice lake wma it says you can still hunt it. That info might be old but i would be suprised if you couldent hunt that wma, i hunt another spot only about 3 miles away and its legal.

Thanks Roosterslayer,

I should have known better than to just listen to someone and not talk to the CO, I'll call the local CO and find out for sure. If you can hunt in the WMA, I'll have to go check it out just because huskydevil is telling people to stay away.

I think I know the spot you are hunting, have you been duck hunting there?

Thanks again

Ole

Yea Iv been there twice this year but the hunting hasent been that great, only shot 1 duck there so far.