Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
anchor man

Lamoure, North Dakota??

9 posts in this topic

I'll be heading to Lamoure, ND tomorrow night and was wondering if anyone has seen or heard how the water levels and duck populations have been out there lately. The MN opener wasn't too kind to us, so hopefully we'll get some shooting out there.

Thanks

we were in edmore, N.D. this past weekend and didn't do to hot. Water levels are very high compared to in the past i was told. Still a lot of standing crops. The four of use shot two mallards over the weekend. A lot of spoon bills and gadwall coot on the sloughs everywhere. Hope conditions are better for you guys. we will be heading back on the 16th.

anchor man,

have you ever been to LaMoure?

Strastosman,

Yes, that's where we have been going the last three years. We started 6 years ago staying in Wyndmere, ND and learned that one of my hunting buddies had some in-laws with a farm between Verona and LaMoure.

We have been going there for about 5 years also, we just stay at the hotel there in town though, it's set up for hunters pretty good. That is a good area and we have always done very well on both ducks and pheasants. I would be curious also to the #'s of ducks this year.

We have a house in Kulm, just West of Lamoure. Been hunting that area for over 25 years during the wet and the dry. It always been good.
My brother is out there right now. He was saying there are a lot of hunters in area 1 but hasn't seen many in area 3. Ducks are there but you have to work for them. Like other years come over a hill 1/2 a mile away and the Mallards are gettin up and goin.
He had a good Teal shoot the first 2 days of non-res opening and picked up a couple of geese. Lots od different birds around this year. Spoonies, Teal, Gadwall, Mallards, Widgeon, Pintail, Ruddies and a few Golden Eye, Bills & Redheads.
Looks like it might be another good year. Good luck and stay safe.

Heading back out to Lamoure,ND for our second trip. Will be hunting Friday, Sat, and Sun. Morn. Anyone know if the migrants are working through that area yet?

Thanks

They went back north.Some mallards started to filter into the north end of the state and went back mid last week.Some local birds still around.We did manage a few nice bluebills.There are birds to be had,but expect to put on 100+ miles a day to get to them.

I have gone the previous 3 years and Was unable to go this year. frown.gif They guy I hunt with went and actually came home early due to lack of ducks! He was going to stay trough 2 weekends. He is going to go back in Nov.