• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Where to Hunt (Geese)

Papa Woodie

I am in Duluth, MN looking for a close place to goose hunt. Can anyone offer a close suggestion? (close = +/- 2 hours). I have heard the closest decent place is Grand Rapids.

What kind of hunting is there? WMA's? Open lakes? Is there refuge? Land posted pretty tight around there? Do most people sit on a firing line and wait for the geese to come off in the morning? I don't setup any decoys, but have hunted in ND for 7 years shooting on refuge firing lines, and doing sneaks, but no that i have moved to MN, i have to learn the new ways of hunting here.

I'm looking for any suggestions for locations that hold geese, and i am willing to learn the land/area myself.....so secret hunting spots are welcome...not not necessary.

Hope there is some feedback available.

Trip back "home" to ND in mid-october, Snow geese are going to taste some fresh steel and the pounding of the 10 gauge. Man, isn't life wonderful!!!!!