Guests - If You want access to member only forums on FM. You will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up on Fishing Minnesota.

It's easy - LOOK UPPER right menu.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FISH AWAY

Duck Limits

5 posts in this topic

If you have your child with duck hunting do the ducks he shoots go towards the adults limit, couldn't find in reg book.

Nope. They are his limit.

As long as he is truly shooting them. You cannot shoot birds to fill his limit.

I was wondering the same thing. Where do you even find adult waterfowl bag limits? Does it say them in the dnr waterfowl supplement? If so where do I get one of these supplements, looked last night in the regular hunting regulations handbook and it doesn't say.

Fish- N- Hunt

Any license agent will have the waterfowl supplement.

Do NOT rely on the standard hunting regs for waterfowl "stuff".

Rules are firmed up, long after that regular hunting regs are printed.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• TNtoMN_HuntFish
      Awese thread! I take our golden/lab mix to Round Lake for training also. This pic is from May when it was chilly. We're having an absolute blast working together. She's a sweet dog, will do anything to please me if she understands. Only thing I have to do before the season is somehow introduce her to gunshots and that's not easy without private land. Watching her barrel through the cattails to find that dummy is awesome. 
    • leech~~
      There are a few small Trout lakes in there as well but not sure how they bite in the summer? I've only Ice fished them.  
    • mnfathead
      Thanks Cliff, weather looks dynamite so that's a good start!
    • airnuts
      Finally making it up for our first trip of the year. Strictly walleye fishing in Frazer Bay with slip bobbers around the reefs. Appreciate any fishing reports. Thanks!
    • ZachD
      I believe they take vets living in veteran homes around the area like Silver Bay veteran home ect
    • ZachD
      tango loves going to Crooked lake!   Sand pines really works with you well for starting off. I don't know just because they were not busy but the kid stayed out with me and planted one by one until I told him to release them all. Golden meadows is nice as well. Do the pre buy program (I think if you buy before mid Aug) and the birds are a good price. They will flag all the birds if you want.   He still only weighs under 60lbs but I like it that way he is deadly fast and never gets tired   Cant wait to see how he does this season want to make a trip to the Dakotas at least once
    • fishingalex
      Does anybody know of a local Alexandria shop that would install a Humminbird Helix for me?
    • ifishwalleye
      Like Mlaker3 said... go as light as you can. The key is to try and stay vertical. It's the nature of the beast when jigging in rocks that your going to get some snags and loose some jigs. 
    • JBMasterAngler
      Thanks for all info. Even if I end up staying at the kawashiwi river campground (which I've done the past 2 years), now I at least know where to drive around and scout out some spots for next trip. 
    • redlabguy
      Good advice! I appreciate it. And good to hear from you. I found fish over the weekend on reef tops with few if any bites. I should've moved on but 11-12" fish made me think better ones might come. The good fish I did find were on the sides of reefs.  I'm off the water for family business, but hoping for a good August! Dick